Cornell MBA Class of 2011 Statistics

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

Cornell MBA Class of 2011 Statistics

文章SandyLu » 2009-09-05 21:39

Hello我是Cornell MBA 1st year的Sandy,
以下是Director of Admission and Financial Aid最近發出來2009 The Johnson School錄取學生的profile,
提供給今年要申請的同學們做參考:)

274 Students
35% Female
28% International students representing 18 countries
9% Under-represented minorities
700 Average GMAT
710 Median GMAT
3.31 Average GPA
3.40 Median GPA
Average age is 27 with five years work experience
14 straight-throughs
Selectivity for the year was 22% and yield was 54%

如果有任何關於Cornell MBA申請的問題,
歡迎mail: sl2282@cornell.edu
我會很樂意就我所知的部分解答:)
SandyLu
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 2
註冊時間: 2009-08-20 04:53

Re: Cornell MBA Class of 2011 Statistics

文章mikelee » 2009-09-05 23:15

hi, Sandy

Could you also share the background of Taiwanese?
Lot's of ppl interest in that
Mike Lee
FormorsaMBA Team
Email: mike.lee@formosamba.com

Plurk: http://www.plurk.com/mikecafe
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikecafe
加入 FormosaMBA Facebook
加入Oh My 巴哥粉絲團

Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
------ Steve Jobs
頭像
mikelee
管理員
管理員

文章: 440
註冊時間: 2009-08-10 18:34
來自: FormosaMBA Office

文章SandyLu » 2009-09-06 22:06

2 Taiwanese in the class of 2011:
My background - NCCU International Trade, GMAT 720,
3 years working experience:
Freight Rater, Evergreen Shipping Co. - 1 year
Shipping Coordinator, Trading company located in San Francisco - 1 year
Assistant, Taipei City Council - 1 year

My Taiwanese classmate has 3 years working experience as MA in financial holding company in Taiwan.

Hope this will be useful:)
SandyLu
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 2
註冊時間: 2009-08-20 04:53

文章mikelee » 2009-09-07 15:58

That would be useful.
TKS for sharing, Sandy!!!
Mike Lee
FormorsaMBA Team
Email: mike.lee@formosamba.com

Plurk: http://www.plurk.com/mikecafe
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikecafe
加入 FormosaMBA Facebook
加入Oh My 巴哥粉絲團

Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
------ Steve Jobs
頭像
mikelee
管理員
管理員

文章: 440
註冊時間: 2009-08-10 18:34
來自: FormosaMBA Office

文章vegas » 2009-09-09 03:00

潛水很久了...... :grin:

我是Sandy的同學, 今年Cornell的另一個台灣人. male, NTU 2003年畢, 工作經驗5.5年, 最近3年在某本國金控做 M&A / corporate strategy (有些小案子我們會從頭到尾自己做, 不找buy side advisor). AT 750, Toefl 108, GPA低到我目前還沒有聽過拿到米國top 20的人有比我低的.... :grin:

Cornell 是個很溫馨而且很 collaborative 的環境. 簡單來說, We work hard and we work together. 尤其是在找工作上, 我感覺大家的心態多是如何幫助彼此改善自己的 qualification, 而不是要把自己的同學比下去. 唯一的缺點大概就是地理位置了, 冷而且離大城市太遠.

對 Cornell 有興趣的朋友歡迎跟我 (或是Sandy) 聯絡喔.......
vegas
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 7
註冊時間: 2005-07-03 17:57

文章vegas » 2009-10-13 05:58

剛剛有人丟站內訊息給小弟, 我才驚覺自己沒有附上email. 傷咖這邊現在真是有一搭沒一搭的在用了, 還好才是兩天前發的訊息, 沒有遲太久...... :x

這是我的email, vegas.tsai@gmail.com , 對Cornell有興趣的朋友歡迎與我聯絡喔

那位丟訊息的朋友問的是有關Cornell的essay question 3,
"You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. Please write the Table of Contents for the book. "
我想就把我的回應一併貼上來, 供大家參考吧

祝大家申請順利吧
Leo

For Johnson, we only have 3 essay questions or 1,200 words. That is to say, be careful to allocate these precious resources to showcase who you are to the adcom. Essay 1 is about your professional achievement, that is something you've done before in your career. Essay 2 is the traditional why MBA question. Since we specified "career do you plan to pursue", it is very likely to be another professional related essay. So, I would say, for essay 3, you should talk more about yourself as a person to balance the whole package up.

I would suggest a few guidelines for the essay 3.
1) Be sure to take something about your non-professional life
2) Touch your favorable personality/quality that has not yet been addressed in the first 2 essays.
(For example, if you mentioned team work and leadership in essay 1/2, it would be great if you put on some community service here)
3) Talk about not only your life in the pass but what kind of life you want in the future.

Besides, I have some reminders as well
1) This is just the table of content, not the content, so you are expected to be brief. Try to punctuate who you are directly and make youeself a completed and well-rounded person that the adcom is compelled to turn to the content of the book to learn more about you. (and, the only way to read the content of the book is to get you in, right?)
2) When you are writing this one, remember that this question itself is quite creative so you could be creative on your answer. However, dont go too far that you loose your point.

How I did this one last year is that I made it a five chapters book. Each of the chapter represents a big part of my life and persoanlity. I used 5 different songs as the title of the chapters, so that lyrics and melody of the song would deliver my idea beyond my words. First chapter is about my career aspiration (how I made money but also help shaping this world). Second is about my personal interests (showing that I am not a working machine). Third about my family (value and love, this one is emotional). Four is on my team spirit and team expereince (what kind of teammate I am). Then the last one is about me being a die hard Yankees fan (dont worry, you are in NY state, being a yankees fan is safer here than in new england).

Hope this would help.
vegas
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 7
註冊時間: 2005-07-03 17:57

回到 美洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 20 位訪客