Tuck MBA at Dartmouth

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

Tuck MBA at Dartmouth

文章hsienwenk » 2012-02-18 04:17

嗨大家好

My name is Michael Kuo (郭), I am currently a first year MBA student at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. I left Taiwan since middle school (南門國中) so I am less familiar with the transition from Taiwan to U.S. as a grown up, but nevertheless, I have lots of experience with friends and family who have gone through the similar situation that you are about to enter.

Tuck is located in the serene town called, Hanover. It is located about 2 hours northwest of Boston. Besides being one of the top ranking MBA programs with the highest job placement rate, the school also offers a lifestyle that you can't get anywhere else. The small school allows extensive interactions between the students and the faculties and the location helps foster an extremely strong sense of community that you will find very comfortable to be in.

I know I am typing this post in English, but I can speak, read, and type (albeit very slow) Chinese fluently. Please feel free to reach out to me for any questions you may have.

My email is michael.kuo@tuck.dartmouth.edu

Good luck exploring!

Best,
Michael
Michael Kuo
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 11
註冊時間: 2011-11-22 00:28

Re: Tuck MBA at Dartmouth

文章Behemoth » 2012-02-19 00:11

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the board. Hope to see more sharings about Tuck from you and let people learn more about Tuck!!

Eric
Eric Chang
MBA Class of 2008
MIT Sloan School of Management
頭像
Behemoth
管理員
管理員

文章: 2948
註冊時間: 2004-09-10 18:19
來自: Boston

文章hsienwenk » 2012-02-29 14:45

Good to be here guys!

Let's start with Tuck fact # 1:
Tuck is big on hockey. We call it the "tripod hockey", meaning we need to use the hockey stick, in addition to our feet in skates, to help us stand.

Check out the Tuck hockey video here. The guys in the video are on our Tuck-A team (they are extremely good). But, we also have Tuck-B team and Tuck Tripod League (where I play). The Tripod league is consist of about 6-8 teams depending on the season, and the players are almost as good as the girls in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZxgLL5-DLA&list=UUI4YLrSMZMRGWI_q5I3aooQ&feature=plcp

Enjoy,
Michael
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章hsienwenk » 2012-04-25 10:34

Hey guys,

So I'm back again! Tuck just had its Admitted Students Weekend (ASW) and the turnout was great! The entire weekend was planned and hosted by current Tuckies, including the video below! This year the theme was "jump in" and it can very well be YOU next year!!

Do turn up the volume and maximize the screen! Oh and you can find me at 6:09 in lime green shirt. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TuckSchoolo ... s/featured

Feel free to reach out for any questions,
Michael
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章hsienwenk » 2012-06-13 10:42

Seems like a lot of you are viewing my posts! Please feel free to reach out for any questions, I really would love to see more Taiwanese faces at Tuck!

Some of you have been asking about coffee chat. Yes, Tuck will have a coffee chat in Taiwan this summer. I'll let you know as soon as I learn the details. It'll likely to happen in July.

Best,
Mike
michael.kuo@tuck.dartmouth.edu
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章hsienwenk » 2012-10-11 09:12

Hello everyone,

Tuck Early Action round just closed, good luck to those who reached out to me and applied!!

Mark your calendar, next round is due November 7, 2012!

Also, just wanted to let you know that Tuck Admissions will not be visiting this year, but that doesn't mean you can't learn more about Tuck. Check out my posts, and feel free to reach out for any questions!

michael.kuo@tuck.dartmouth.edu

Good luck applying!

Cheers,
Mike
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章Behemoth » 2012-10-12 12:22

Michael, thanks for the update. It would be great for applicants to learn more about Tuck from your view as a current student there.

As no one really asked a question here yet, I would like to throw out a topic for more discussion with you: what are the most important qualities to show ADCOM when applicants are writing essays?

Best,
Eric
Eric Chang
MBA Class of 2008
MIT Sloan School of Management
頭像
Behemoth
管理員
管理員

文章: 2948
註冊時間: 2004-09-10 18:19
來自: Boston

文章hsienwenk » 2012-11-10 03:10

Hello everyone,

A lot of you have already reached out to me and many of you have interviewed - best of luck through the process and keep me posted of the outcome! Tuck November round just closed, but January round is not too far out either! I would love to hear from all of you who are applying. I can be a resource to provide some tips and feedbacks!

To answer Eric's question about qualities to demonstrate in application essays, I have to first give you a big disclaimer that I have no insight into the application evaluation process, so this is just one man's opinion.

I think there are several personal qualities to demonstrate (leadership, intelligence, team, initiative..all the standard stuff) but the key is to show the "thought process behind your decisions, goals, and achievements". What that means is that your essay should not only demonstrate your track record of success and whatever else the application essay questions asked, but also show what's going on in your mind that led to the outcome.

By doing so, you are more likely to demonstrate who you are as a person, your understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, and your ability to work through problems and situations.

My two-cents and hope that helps!

Best,
Mike
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

文章hsienwenk » 2013-01-19 22:56

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who were admitted to Tuck via Early Action! And a even bigger congratulations to those who have committed to join the Tuck family as of yesterdays' deadline!

I am very excited about the amount of Taiwanese applicants who have reached out and applied. Definitely on a very promising track to increase the Taiwanese population here at Tuck!

Best wishes to the November round applicants. Good news will be out right before Chinese New Year, just in time for a big celebration!

Good luck!

Cheers,
Mike
Michael Kuo
Class of 2013
hsienwenk
新手會員
新手會員

回到 美洲MBA留學相談室