Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - 傳說中的專利律師

傳說中的專利律師

LLM, JD (Juris Doctor)

傳說中的專利律師

文章feplooptest » 2006-06-22 02:37

總是常常聽說有人以專利律師為職志,但從來也沒看過有哪位律師是真的懂理工和法律(從學歷上看),總感覺像是騙人的,倒是懂會計的不少,能否請板上博學的大大對所謂專利法的市場現況或前景,稍為解說一下,不論國內外的皆可,謝謝。
feplooptest
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 22
註冊時間: 2005-09-25 11:14

文章starryjazz » 2006-06-26 11:55

我不是大大,只是個計畫5年後可以出國唸書的老頭^^

先說個人瞭解的國內情況~
目前台灣的法界生態,若有專利訴訟
仍以律師與法官為主
專利人員或懂技術的人僅能扮演讓律師搞清楚專利內容的角色
狠一點的法官根本不會讓無法律背景的人發言
為什麼?因為絕大多數的法官與律師都無理工背景
你不懂法律語言,就是踏不進那個圈圈

至於專利界欲推動的專利師法還躺在立法院裡等三讀
對律師或部分資深的專利代理人來說,這個法有搶他們飯碗之嫌
所以多少都有阻力存在

專利律師?是已經有不少理工背景的人考上律師了
但國內的專利(訴訟)市場能養的起多少人?目前誰也不知道...
因為國內廠商目前還是相信少數的幾個大牌律師
但你要說他們對專利(法)有多專業?
嘿嘿嘿...:P

至於美國~

要當成 patent attorney
對外國人來說,跟過五關,斬六將也差不多了...XD

大致上有以下四關:
(1)取得 ABA 認可的法律學位
(2)bar exam
(3)找到工作,且公司願意幫你辦 H1 簽證
(4)patent bar

但 patent attorney 的就業市場我就不瞭解了
還請先進們補充 :smile

PS.簽證種類可能寫錯,還請識者指正,不好意思。
starryjazz
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 1
註冊時間: 2006-06-26 11:29

文章justforwhat » 2006-08-30 12:39

[quote="starryjazz"]

至於美國~

要當成 patent attorney
對外國人來說,跟過五關,斬六將也差不多了...XD

大致上有以下四關:
(1)取得 ABA 認可的法律學位
(2)bar exam
(3)找到工作,且公司願意幫你辦 H1 簽證
(4)patent bar

但 patent attorney 的就業市場我就不瞭解了
還請先進們補充 :smile

[quote]

This is generally correct. Step 3 is the most difficult part for non-citizen students. Step 1--to get into a top 50 JD program--is probably the second hardest part for foreign students. Passing the bar or the patent bar is generally not that difficult if you are able to be admitted to a top 50 law school.

Patent law in the US is a relatively high demand market that is starting to saturate (not the highest demand, that would be taxation lawyer and real estate lawyer). There are 2 sides of patent law: prosecution (專利申請) and litigation. To practice prosecution you must have a technical background--EE, ME, CE are the most desirable majors. There is a higher demand for patent prosecutor and less competition. I think it's fair to say that, now, if you are a JD graduate from a top 50 school with a B average GPA, and majored in EE, ME or CE in college, you will be able to find a job as a patent prosecutor in the US, even as a non-citizen (given that you don't screw up your interviews).

You don't need a technical background to practice patent litigation, but the market is very competitive, if not extremely competitive. You will have to demonstrate superior writing and oral capability in law school, no matter whether you are a foreigner or not.
justforwhat
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 9
註冊時間: 2005-04-09 04:03

文章Chaoming » 2007-04-28 14:42

This is an example that I know as a typical patent attorney who is from Taiwan.
http://www.bskb.com/biosgh.htm
Chaoming
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 5
註冊時間: 2007-03-28 21:12

回到 LLM, JD 申請討論區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客