ssier at 694. "I dont really chase anythi

誠摯歡迎您對FormosaMBA的未來提出建議
Forum Service: service@formosamba.com

ssier at 694. "I dont really chase anythi

文章carrie567 » 2019-08-12 10:25

DENVER -- Chris Owings has been in a little bit of an offensive funk. Leave it to hitting friendly Coors Field to snap him right out of it. Leave it to this park to get the entire Arizona lineup revved up. Owings, Paul Goldschmidt and Miguel Montero homered as the Diamondbacks reached double-digits against the Colorado Rockies again, completing a sweep with a 12-7 win Thursday night. Arizona took all three games at Coors Field for the first time since April 2008. This series was quite an offensive display by the Diamondbacks, too, as they scored 32 runs and collected 48 hits over the three games. "(This) happens every other week here, doesnt it?" Bronson Arroyo said. "Doesnt usually happen to those guys, though. We just happened to put all the runs on the board this time." Even Arroyo (5-4) pitched differently in this park. He went with fastballs 60 per cent of the time -- something the 37-year-old usually doesnt do. But hey, this quirky park sometimes calls for an unorthodox approach. "I threw an offbeat game," said Arroyo, who allowed four runs and six hits in 6 1-3 innings. The Rockies were once again off their game as they lost their seventh straight. Its their longest skid since losing nine in a row late in the 2012 season. "We come to play every single day," said Troy Tulowitzki, who had a homer and a double. "Its just not happening right now. A night after the Diamondbacks put up 16 runs, they pounded Rockies starter Juan Nicasio (5-4). The right-hander struggled with his command, allowing a season-high seven runs in 5 1-3 innings. Manager Walt Weiss called a team meeting before the game, just so he could check in with his team during this horrendous stretch. He said there are "no magic words in this game or magic words for success." Is this rock bottom? "I dont know," Weiss said. "We have a game tomorrow. Well try to win a game tomorrow." The top five hitters in the Diamondbacks lineup -- Gerardo Parra, Owings, Goldschmidt, Montero and Martin Prado -- feasted on Rockies pitching, going a combined 13 for 24 with nine RBIs. "I know weve got a good hitting ball club. I know that," Montero said. "We showed it the last couple of games." Did they ever. According to the Diamondbacks, its just the second time the team has had back-to-back games with 18 or more hits. Its only the fifth time theyve scored 12 or more runs in two straight. "You hear stuff about Coors Field coming up through the minors leagues," said Owings, who finished 3 for 5 with four RBIs. "You watch a lot of games here, see a lot of runs scored. But I wouldnt say that plays into anything you do differently here. You hit the ball hard. "The ball might do some different things here." Owings had a two-run homer in the eighth that gave Arizona a 9-6 lead. The cushion was valuable at the time as Rockies pinch hitter Brandon Barnes hit an inside-the-park homer in the bottom of the inning, when the ball sailed over the head of centre fielder Ender Inciarte, hit off the base of the wall and caromed away. It was the 14th inside-the-park homer in Rockies history and first since Eric Young Jr. had one on Aug. 8, 2012, in Los Angeles. Arizona added to its lead in the ninth with three more runs. Inciarte ended the game by making a leaping catch at the wall on Wilin Rosarios deep drive. Arroyo had a 7-3 lead heading into the seventh inning, when he ran into trouble. A usually reliable bullpen struggled, too. The Rockies scored three times on RBI singles from Drew Stubbs, Michael Cuddyer and Corey Dickerson. With the bases loaded and two outs, Oliver Perez was brought in to face pinch hitter Justin Morneau, who grounded out to third to end the rally. "That was huge," Arroyo said. "He came in and gave us that one out we needed and really broke the game open for us." NOTES: The Diamondbacks open a three-game home series against Atlanta on Friday, with RHP Brandon McCarthy taking the mound. ... Colorado held a moment of silence for Don Zimmer, who died Wednesday at 83. Zimmer spent three seasons as a coach with the Rockies. ... Colorado RHP Eddie Butler makes his debut against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday. ... OF Charlie Blackmon hit his third leadoff homer of the season. Vapormax Off White 2018 . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench. Nike Off White Jordan 1 . -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. http://www.nikeoffwhite.it/nike-air-max-98.html. - Rookie Tesho Akindele scored three goals and Fabian Castillo added two in FC Dallas 5-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday night. Air Max 93 Og Dusty Cactus . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. Nike Off White React Hyperdunk . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half.RALEIGH, N.C. -- Jaromir Jagr could always score goals -- and on this night, a bunch of New Jersey Devils did as well. Jagr had a goal and two assists, and the Devils scored four goals in the third period of a 5-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night. Jagrs goal with 3:29 left was the 692nd of his career, tying him with Steve Yzerman for eighth on the NHLs all-time list. In his previous game, he passed longtime Pittsburgh teammate Mario Lemieux. Next up: Mark Messier at 694. "I dont really chase anything," Jagr said. "I enjoy my teammates and my linemates. I enjoy the game, the way we play. Our line, I like the way our line played. When Im happy about our game, I know the goals are going to come. "Thats why I dont really worry about it," he added. "If theres no chances to score goals, then I would start worrying about it." There certainly were plenty of them late in this game. Adam Henrique scored the go-ahead goal on a power play with 7:58 left after Andrei Loktionov tied it with 11:17 remaining. Dainius Zubrus then added a goal off a deflection and also had an assist, after Mark Fayne scored an early goal. Eleven Devils showed up on the score sheet, and that helped them snap a three-game losing streak and match the season scoring high they set in a 5-0 win over Nashville on Nov. 10. "I didnt see (the big third period) coming," coach Peter DeBoer said. "But I felt good about where our game was and our ability to get a couple of goals in the third period." Jeff Skinner and Jordan Staal scored in the second period to give the Hurricanes a 2-1 lead. "This games all about consistency," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "If youre going to go out and not play 60 (minutes) and just a couple guys are passengers ... youre not going to win the majority of hockey games. And we didnt have enough from a few guys and ... a chain reaction, it costs you in other parts." Cory Schneider stopped 16 shots in his first start since Nov. 21 for New Jersey. Cam Ward mmade 26 saves in his fourth straight start for the Hurricanes.dddddddddddd The Devils trailed 2-1 entering the final period before the goals came in bunches. "They wore us down late in the game," Muller said, "and it cost us." Loktionov tied it with 11:17 left when his shot trickled past Ward. After a hooking penalty to Carolinas Riley Nash, Henrique won an offensive-zone draw before chipping in the rebound of Eric Gelinas shot high past Ward to make it 3-2. Zubrus then redirected a slap shot from Jon Merrill 1:50 later to put the Devils up by two goals. Jagr finished the scoring with his 36th career goal against the Carolina-Hartford franchise. "You have to keep the faith," Jagr said. "We just had to battle through it and hope Wards not going to make all the saves." That huge third came after the Hurricanes -- who scored three goals in the second period of a 4-3 win over New Jersey two nights earlier -- struck twice in the middle period on Friday. Skinner tied it at 1-all 1:53 into the second when he whipped the rebound of Ryan Murphys shot past Schneider. Then, after a melee in front of Ward created a 4-on-4 situation, Justin Faulk found Staal behind the Devils defencemen at the blue line. Staal beat Schneider low to his glove side on the breakaway that gave Carolina its first lead at 6:34. That came after Fayne gave the Devils a 1-0 lead when he scored his first goal of the season with 1:40 left in the first. He fired a loose puck that beat a screened Ward high. "I liked our game right from the drop of the puck," DeBoer said. "I thought we had good energy, good legs. We created a lot of things. ... We found our game again in the third." NOTES: The Devils activated D Anton Volchenkov from injured reserve before the game and had him in the lineup. ... Carolina D Mike Komisarek was in the lineup for just the seventh time this season and first since Nov. 18. ... Gelinas rang the left post with a slap shot with about 14 minutes left in the second -- seconds before the dust-up in front of Ward. ' ' '
carrie567
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 635
註冊時間: 2019-06-14 16:39

回到 站務討論區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客