Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - IESE Waiting List

IESE Waiting List

留學歐洲的各種資訊交流

版主: Yimmiwan, swingtail, AquaGirl, stern, whf1111

IESE Waiting List

文章thelordofcoke » 2008-06-03 00:24

Just received a letter from IESE saying that I am on the waiting list for 2008. In case there is no spot available, IESE will automatically offer a spot for 2009. What's the percentage of WL actually getting a spot? Anybody know?

IESE is the only school I applied this year. I am very certain this is the school for me. I am hoping to ask alumni/current student about the following things.

1. Visa - How long does it take? I am a Taiwanese Canadian.
2. Living expense - Housing/food/leisure - How much does it cost for two years?
3. Student loan - Has any one applied Banco Sabadell Global Loan before? With the way Euro is going up, I definitely need it.

I think waiting list is a long shot. I am more likely to go in 2009 which leaves me a year to perfect my Spanish and save some money. Hopfully everything will work out.....

Coke
thelordofcoke
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 4
註冊時間: 2007-11-27 09:41

文章ebyayaya » 2008-06-03 02:47

There are already several people got the WL or the 2009 offer. At this stage, admission is finalizing the student portfolio so no one really knows whether you will move away from WL to the 2009 or not.

Here got some good news for you first. This year IESE slightly expands the intake scale from 210 per year to 240 per year. So there would be more slots this year. Bad news is 6 taiwanese and more than 20 people from US, not sure how many from Canada, have already confirmed their enrolls so your profile might go against the diversification principle. But I still encourage you to contact admission to communicate your commitment and passion toward IESE. Never give up until the last minute.

Answer your questions
1. Three weeks to one month
2. Living expense depends on your personal life style. If you share flat with others, the rent and utilities per month is around 500 and another 400-500 for the other living expense, including food, transportation, leisure and a lot of coffee. Do remember include the travel expense yourself.
3. Everyone could apply for the loan to pay 100% tuition.

Last but not least, I am quite interested in why you are so sure that IESE is your one and only choice? Maybe those reasons will help you convince admission why you are the student they don't want to miss. Sorry for being curious all the time. :)
ebyayaya
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 49
註冊時間: 2005-12-05 00:42
來自: Barcelona

文章thelordofcoke » 2008-06-04 18:17

thanks ebyayaya. that's really helpful. I ought to start working on my WL essay to IESE. Like you said, never give up until the last minute. The expenses you listed are in Euro, I suppose? (I am hoping it's in dollars, which is unlikely)

Why am I so interested in IESE? Here are my critia:
1. Europe - Tired of North America and hoping to get a taste of European culture. Also with the US economy going down, Euro zone seems more attractive.
2. Case studies - I can't stand lectures. I learn better through discussion and keep me awake.
3. Jobs - What's the point if one can't find his dream after paying loads of money to MBA school? I am aiming at finance/IE jobs.
4. Timing - I didn't get my GMAT score until Feb this year, which was late for most schools.

My background
Age- 29
Working experience - 4.5 years in IC component distributor. 1 year in China.
GMAT - 660
GPA - 2.3

My GPA is extremely low. Although I have 6 years of working experience. I am not sure whether it still effects my application. I was suprised that during the interview, Anjaney didn't ask any question about my undergraduate academic performance. He seemed only interested in my short term and long term goal and how IESE would meet those goals.

coke
thelordofcoke
新手會員
新手會員

文章thelordofcoke » 2008-06-21 14:50

ebyayaya,

I am finally admitted by IESE. ADCOM informed me of the great news this week. I will be seeing you in Barcelona this fall. Thanks a lot for your help!

Coke
thelordofcoke
新手會員
新手會員

文章ebyayaya » 2008-06-22 06:44

Coke,

Congra. I believe that you will love the environment a lot. Be there earlier and have a nice summer vacation as much as you could. After the program kicks off, you won't have this kind of luxury, at least the first two terms.

I am in London now for my summer internship and will exchange to Kellogg the first term in second year. Maybe I will see you in the career forum the end of October or we will meet after the new year. Keep in touch and good luck.

ebyayaya
ebyayaya
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 49
註冊時間: 2005-12-05 00:42
來自: Barcelona

回到 歐洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 18 位訪客