HKUST interview on Jan 14

留學亞洲的各種資訊交流

版主: cerries, modern

HKUST interview on Jan 14

文章jimmy254125 » 2008-01-20 02:11

Hi dream chasers,

I'm a Taiwanese applicant who was video interview via skype by Karen on Jan 14.

The entire interview took about 40 mins and I'd say its quite challenging compared with HKU inteview. Since the Taiwanese legislatorial election was held on Jan 12, the first question was about my thoughts towards both the result of election and the outlook of Taiwanese Economy.

Except for :
(1) follow-up questions about your resume/background as well as your JD and working experience,
(2) standard questions such as why mba, why now and why HKUST,
(3) Your post-mba career plan,
(4) your weaknesses and your biggest accomplishment and toughest situation you had in the workplace,
(5) What can you contribute to you class and the program,
(6) What do you expect to earn from the program,
BE PREPARED FOR some random questions you might not expect to catch, so stay alert and calm and BE SURE TO review your essay before the interview because she did look at it very carefully.

In general, Karen was really nice throughout the interesting and inspiring interview and its good to know from her that although the program has establshed its reputation in terms of business education, the school is more and more selective on applicants who compete for limited seats, about 80 in total this year, as the volume of application grows. After around 35 mins, Karen said that she wishes to continue our talk but since there were other interviewers after me, I should start asking questions.

BTW, I almost fail to mention that starting from this year, shortlisted applicants will receive a scholarship application form by email a few days after the interview. The scholarship ranging from HK$25,000 to 150,000 will be awarded to applicants who got into the program and attached to the offer letter upon admissions.

Wish the best on your applications!
Jimmy
jimmy254125
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 11
註冊時間: 2006-02-28 22:14

回到 亞洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 23 位訪客