Anyone interested in HKUST MBA this year?

留學亞洲的各種資訊交流

版主: cerries, modern

Anyone interested in HKUST MBA this year?

文章Chou Jr. » 2009-01-27 13:23

Dear all,

Happy Chinese New Year!

Just wondering if there is anyone interested in my school and if there is anything I can help.
OH... because I'm not trying to sell my school, I'll try my best not to giv u guys politically correct answer.
If anyone is interested in my school.. Any question is welcomed
please send email to chinganc@ust.hk
I'll try to reply ASAP

Brandon
頭像
Chou Jr.
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 12
註冊時間: 2006-06-08 01:53
來自: Taipei

Re: Anyone interested in HKUST MBA this year?

文章JS0519 » 2009-02-10 11:36

Hi,

想要請教您幾個問題,因為有點雜,我用條列式的
第一個是個人的感受,就目前金融環境影響,您這屆跟前面幾屆比起來HKUST的MBA找intern或在香港找正式工作上有怎樣的不同或困難?
另外香港雖然是一個國際化的城市,但畢竟找國外工作者企業需要付出的成本應該還是略高,若是台灣人,畢業後在香港或大陸找工作時,一般公司(不包括台資)對於找這樣的台灣的MBA畢業生的就您觀察意願高嗎?
已經畢業的HKUST台灣校友就業情況如何?(扣除掉有在美國等其他國家唸過書的或是有國外護照的!)
另外學費上HKUST看公告數據跟美國同等級學校比算是比較合理,但是就您本身在唸預估整個PROGRAM下來,學費+生活費大該多少?
另外在新聞上有看到,好像校長有說學費要調漲25%,有這回事嗎?
若真的要去香港唸書,想找香港或大陸工作,就你現在經歷的,要提高可能性的話,有沒有建議要往哪個方向努力?
JS0519
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 6
註冊時間: 2008-09-02 15:46

文章holdsideanalyst » 2009-02-14 23:34

How's HKUST MBA's intern/full time placements in S&T and research (global market, equity, FI, FX, derivatives) for just Taiwanese and/or for the whole class recently?
holdsideanalyst
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 4
註冊時間: 2008-02-01 14:45

文章Chou Jr. » 2009-02-20 21:04

您這屆跟前面幾屆比起來HKUST的MBA找intern或在香港找正式工作上有怎樣的不同或困難?

As what I said, I’m not trying to sell my school… so just cut to the chase…

It’s really “difficult” to find an internship this year. Last year most of the MBA students found their internships be4 on April or May in big names such as Citi, HSBC, etc. But this year everything changed. I used to work in media industry and now try to find an internship in finance industry. But there is no good news so far…

另外香港雖然是一個國際化的城市,但畢竟找國外工作者企業需要付出的成本應該還是略高,若是台灣人,畢業後在香港或大陸找工作時,一般公司(不包括台資)對於找這樣的台灣的MBA畢業生的就您觀察意願高嗎?

Frankly speaking, I don’t know exactly about the cost and return for companies to hire foreigners. It’s hard to generalize “Taiwanese” whether the company wants to hire us depends on how much value we could add to the company…
But based on my interviews so far, language is an advantage for Taiwanese, especially when we try to find a job from companies which need someone to run the great China market. Of course we need to compete with those ABC and expats.

已經畢業的HKUST台灣校友就業情況如何?(扣除掉有在美國等其他國家唸過書的或是有國外護照的!)

uh… if you want to exclude people who have dual nationality or foreign degree, then the population will be too small to observe…
As for the replacement, a guy graduated in 2006 is now working in DB(IB). Two Taiwanese graduated in 2007, one is working in Shanghai and the other is working in JP Morgan. In 2008, one of the Taiwanese is now working in AXA while the other is job hunting after the exchange program.

另外學費上HKUST看公告數據跟美國同等級學校比算是比較合理,但是就您本身在唸預估整個PROGRAM下來,學費+生活費大該多少?

It depends. Take myself for example, my estimation is NTD$ 1.6 to 1.7 million including living expenses, flight tickets and my exchange program to Cornell this September. But if you want to hang out in LKF, be prepared to spend much more.

另外在新聞上有看到,好像校長有說學費要調漲25%,有這回事嗎?

Politically correct statement: No comment…
Ha, 眾說紛紜阿

若真的要去香港唸書,想找香港或大陸工作,就你現在經歷的,要提高可能性的話,有沒有建議要往哪個方向努力?

1.Definitely….English speaking and writing ability, especially for speaking. Try to catch up with those ABC and expatriates. Then leverage the advantage of Mandarin.
2.Working experience is king. Fill in any gap on your resume from now on be4 you come here.
3.Presentation skill. BS skill is a must for every job.
4. Social networking... I admitt than I'm antisocial recently ha
頭像
Chou Jr.
新手會員
新手會員

文章Chou Jr. » 2009-02-20 21:11

How's HKUST MBA's intern/full time placements in S&T and research (global market, equity, FI, FX, derivatives) for just Taiwanese and/or for the whole class recently?

uh... I guess not...
most of TW graduated from UST MBA work for sales or biz development department here.
OH, but I know another alumni (not Taiwanese) is now working as a research associate for Citigroup, Investment Research in Taipei
頭像
Chou Jr.
新手會員
新手會員

回到 亞洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 12 位訪客