Marshall Alumni/Current Students Taking Questions

USC Marshall School 申請人, 同學, 及校友的交流專版

版主: aaronmin, cburger

Marshall Alumni/Current Students Taking Questions

文章cburger » 2008-09-02 10:11

Hi all,

If anyone has questions about Marshall in general, and wants some perspectives from Marshall alumni, please feel free to post on this thread.

Best,

Mark
cburger
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 136
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 04:12

Re: Marshall Alumni Taking Questions

文章dianahsieh » 2008-09-15 13:51

Hi, I am the 1st-yr MBA student in Marshall.

Plz feel free to ask me questions if any. :)

Cheers,

Diana
dianahsieh
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 1
註冊時間: 2008-09-15 13:45

Re: Marshall Alumni/Current Students Taking Questions

文章hsuanf2001 » 2009-10-16 08:01

Hello! Mark

I am very glad to see this post; I am very interested in your school and I plan to apply in R2. ^^

I have several questions regarding to Marshall:
1) I have enogh GMAT score, however, my TOEFL score is only 95, I am wondering if it would be very critical or even
cause my application would not even has a chance to be reviewed? Is any alumni got in Marshall with low TOEFL score?

2) What's Marsall's strength? What I have heard is consulting and real estate?
Are you satisfied with the quality of Marshall's curriculum?

3) Everyone know USC's alumni network is pretty strong; however, how do you think about the career service provided by school?
My 4 years w/e expereince is in IT industry, and I kind of hope to have a chance to work in US (same in industry) after my graduation.

4) Many people say that the environment around USC campus is not that good. How you feel about that?

If it's possible, I hope I could have more chance to talk to you...via MSN or Skype.
Thanks for your patience and help in advance; I am looking forward to hearing form you!
hsuanf2001
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 25
註冊時間: 2009-08-12 13:53

Re: Marshall Alumni/Current Students Taking Questions

文章cburger » 2009-10-16 10:19

Hi,

1)
If you pass the minimum requirement for TOEFL, then your application has a chance to be reviewed. If not, you have to pass it. My personal opinion is that if you have the minimum requirement, put your priority on the essays. If you have spare time, trying to get a higher TOEFL score is always better.

2)
I would say all disciplines are pretty competitive, but real estate and enterpreurship are the 2 most mentioned.

3)
Career Service gives you the tools to be successful, it will of course provide interview opportunities, but not all companies will accept international students, so try not to rely on career service's postings entirely.

4)
If you plan to have a car, then you don't need to live near campus. The neighborhood isn't very good, but if you are in the areas where most students live, you should be fine. Still, don't walk alone at night.
cburger
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 136
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 04:12

回到 USC Marshall School of Business

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客