Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [問題]請問英國哪所的Master in Accounting比較好?

[問題]請問英國哪所的Master in Accounting比較好?

所有商科非MBA及理工科系碩士申請經驗分享及交流

[問題]請問英國哪所的Master in Accounting比較好?

文章feebs79 » 2006-12-10 11:42

我原本很想要進LSE
但是很少看到LSE在top ranking上
可能是這些ranking都是european top MBA ranking的關係
請問哪裡可以看到有關於Accounting degree的ranking in Europe/UK?
feebs79
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 27
註冊時間: 2005-11-04 12:28

文章waiu_0235 » 2007-01-20 22:44

你去 Times 看吧 不是"時代雜誌"喔
看你是要唸Mphil還是 Taught programme
LSE 應該是牛劍之外的最強
還有Warwick ,牛校很多,但是學費也高 XD

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/displayPop ... 85,00.html
大部份英國的碩士都是一年, 除非你唸的是Mphil ,這算是博士班的預科吧,呵呵
waiu_0235
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 5
註冊時間: 2006-03-19 15:08

文章習慣仔 » 2007-01-21 21:42

If you are interested in accounting, I'd suggest you to go after a US degree . . .

This is particularly important for companies who want to get listed publicly in the US

:-)

I work in an American company so I know the value of US CPA or MS Accounting ;-)
包容才能廣闊...交換才會豐富...
溝通就能延伸...對立才能互用...
極端就會轉化...矛盾才有突破...
裂痕就有機會...谷底才有高峰...
放空才能吸收...
習慣仔
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 246
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 09:10
來自: 探戈的故鄉

文章feebs79 » 2007-01-25 15:55

i got turned down by manchester..... :(
i guess there's not much hope in LSE too

US accounting degrees are a bit expensive for me, i think
i would have to spend at least NTD1,200K on tuition alone for
most of the top schools in the US.
feebs79
初級會員
初級會員

文章習慣仔 » 2007-01-25 20:29

NT$ 1.2 m vs. 30 yrs payback (starting salary US$50,000 and above)... you decide.

:-)
包容才能廣闊...交換才會豐富...
溝通就能延伸...對立才能互用...
極端就會轉化...矛盾才有突破...
裂痕就有機會...谷底才有高峰...
放空才能吸收...
習慣仔
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 246
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 09:10
來自: 探戈的故鄉

文章MarkHsu » 2007-02-03 15:47

I don't think you have to go the US for an Accounting degree. (I am also from the US.) The shortage of Accounting professionals is global. The shortage of experienced accountats is also fairly acute in London.

LSE is an excellent school. The reason you don't see it in the rankings is that it doesn't have an MBA program.
MarkHsu
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 315
註冊時間: 2005-11-02 04:53

文章jason » 2007-02-04 00:59

MarkHsu \$m[1]:I don't think you have to go the US for an Accounting degree. (I am also from the US.) The shortage of Accounting professionals is global. The shortage of experienced accountats is also fairly acute in London.

LSE is an excellent school. The reason you don't see it in the rankings is that it doesn't have an MBA program.

Well, One more thing to add, in UK, CIMA and ACCA qualifications are also highly respected around the world (ha, ha , probably not in US).
頭像
jason
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 140
註冊時間: 2005-03-26 18:05
來自: London

文章feebs79 » 2007-03-08 14:36

I got accepted by Cass (Accounting & Finance), Cranfield (Financial Management) and Lancaster (Accounting & Finance)...I am having trouble choosing; Lancaster's the cheapest, but there are too many chinese students there I think....Cass's kinda low in the rankings, but I heard it's Finance dpt's good, but I got into their Accounting dpt instead....Cranfield's good, but it's in a small 鳥不生蛋狗不拉屎烏龜不上岸的city....

I'm still waiting for LSE (my ultimate dream school), damn Pearson screwed up my report, it made me miss the first round of selection for LSE...can I sue Pearson if I didn't get in LSE?
feebs79
初級會員
初級會員

文章feebs79 » 2007-03-15 16:03

SOS!!

I think I need to decide pretty soon if I'm going to accept Cass (Internationsal Accounting & Finance) or Lancaster (Accounting & Finance). I would really like to hear your inputs on these 2 schools. And if there are any alumni from these schools, I'd like to get in touch with you if you don't mind...

Thanks in advance.
feebs79
初級會員
初級會員

文章Yimmiwan » 2007-03-15 21:19

I would admit first that I don't know much about those two schools and the differentiation between the two programs.

But what do you plan to get out of the accounting & finance program? In all your previous posts you didn't mention what you want to do with the degree.

I think Cass has a better name in England, especially in London. So if you want to stay in England and work after completing your study, Cass might be a better choice. I will speak from my personal experience. I graduated from a higher ranking undergrad college in the U.S., comparing to Baruch College in NYC. However, because of its location, Baruch is much well known to companies in NYC as to my college. Although my school didn't really hinder my opportunity to find job in NYC, it still didn't stand out and impress recruiters or HR people because they might not have heard the name before and would wonder in what level my school comparing to other schools here in NYC.

My quick 2 cents.
When one door closes another door opens; but we do often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
- Alexander Graham Bell
頭像
Yimmiwan
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 271
註冊時間: 2006-10-21 10:45
來自: The Big Apple

文章feebs79 » 2007-03-19 16:28

Thanks Yimmiwan for your response, as to what I want to gain from the accounting&finance program, I was hoping to get a job as an analyst or as a consultant after graduation. I guess the ideal place to work as an analyst or consultant would be in London, so right now, I'm seriously considering Cass (even though the acceptance deadline has long passed - 28th of Feb), it's awfully expensive though (even more expensive than LSE)....
feebs79
初級會員
初級會員

回到 Master 申請交流區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 16 位訪客