Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - 我也想問唸MS-Marketing 好還是 MBA Marketing concentration

我也想問唸MS-Marketing 好還是 MBA Marketing concentration

所有商科非MBA及理工科系碩士申請經驗分享及交流

我也想問唸MS-Marketing 好還是 MBA Marketing concentration

文章lucyyeh » 2007-10-05 23:46

儘管我現在還是如火如荼的殺G中,可是我三不五時就會想起標題的這個問題,
網站, DM東翻西翻,還是很困惑。加上辭職有點久了,想法又有點改變。
我在這個版遊走很久,終於鼓起勇氣來問問看大家的意見。

想念MS-Marketing的原因:
1. 可以學到更深入的行銷知識
2. 工作快五年了,對行銷工作依然充滿熱忱,未來也沒有想轉跑道到其他領域。
3. 學費比MBA便宜很多
4. 好像也比較好申請

對於MS-Marketing學位的憂心:
1. 雖然可以專注在行銷知識的學習,但擔心此類課程太過集中在行銷理論的傳授,缺乏與企業實務的結合。
2. MS-Marketing缺乏排名資料,不知道怎麼比較起。
3. 唸了人好像也不多,不知道要問誰才知道課程好不好。
4. 看到好幾個MS-Marketing課程好像都是專為剛大學剛畢業的學生設計的,
擔心未來都遇到沒工作經驗的大學畢業生,不能交流經驗。

想念MBA Marketing concentration的原因:
1. 補足自己在商學/管理學知識的不足(因非商學院/管理學院畢業)。
2. 工作經驗告訴自己,只了解IMC理論什麼的不懂商業經營的道理在企業工作有如見樹不見林。
3. MBA似乎是個充滿挑戰的學位,可以藉此拓展自己的視野。

對MBA Marketing concentration的擔心:
1. 擔心對於行銷知識的學習深度不夠
2. 大部分學校的課程不太能滿足我對於行銷知識學習的胃口。
3. 貴

我本來的想法就是想念兩種綜合的東西,即使選MS Marketing的學校我也是看比較有教基礎商學知識的學校(不會挑pure IMC的學校),可是我這樣的想法會不會不太務實? 反而找不到真正專業的學校?

很多人告訴我唸MBA還是比較好,這也是我本來的想法,不過,如果以一個將來要在行銷領域發展的人來說,大家會建議唸哪種好呢? (P.S 我是真的想要變的很專業,不是只是要混口飯吃或靠國外學位增加薪水而已)

另外我想念一些國內學不到的行銷知識,大家會比較建議唸什麼好?

我個人想念的領域包括: (按重要性排)Branding, International Marketing, Strategy Marketing, Marketing Research, Data Mining, Product Management ... (好像有點貪心...可是想到$$...) 大家建議哪一些學校比較符合我的需求呢?

個人背景資料:
Under: Advertising
W/E: Around 5 years (Graphic Designer/ MarCom abt 2 years
PM abt 3 years)

哈~ 不好意思,問題有點多,先感謝大家耐心看完。
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 410
註冊時間: 2007-03-22 12:20

文章modern » 2007-10-06 00:40

我比一下吧,
MS不會教social , MBA教妳最多的幾乎都是social
MS幾乎沒有career service, MBA教妳最多的幾乎都是Career service
Statement 1跟2好像有矛盾阿 ! The truth is, career 跟 Social 離不開關係, 依我的認知是100%正相關.
Then you'll ask : "專業"到哪去了? 天下雜誌遠見雜誌都說專業很重要的阿! The truth is, 專業是重要,但專業被人知道更重要,被能夠hire妳的人知道則更更重要,然後在她們面前妳如何表現出我TMD就是比別人厲害是更更更重要. MS don't teach you all these, but MBA do.

試著以雇主的角度思考,如果要專業,為什麼CMO們都不是PHD in marketing? 比專業, PHD都是學有最專精的人.但為什麼鮮少看到他們去作企業內的CMO?
You want profession? Or you want to be seen as a professional
Morden Chen |CUHK MBA Class of 2008

Http://apply4mba.blogspot.com
MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1319
註冊時間: 2005-10-19 23:31
來自: Microsoft China

文章modern » 2007-10-06 00:50

以上欠缺了以學科角度的看法,我也再補充一下.

MBA常常被人詬病的是雜而不精, 但事實上, 不從各個角度去了解同樣一個問題

行銷學的很好的人,碰到一個案子老闆不願意給資金作可能就很想跟老闆翻臉了.

但管理學的很好的問題, 可以從背後去看是錢的問題,還是人的問題.然後去努力解決問題的癥結點. 隨便舉例,也許根本是大老闆看你老闆不爽所以不給妳錢作, 這問題在行銷層面思考永遠無解,但放到了general management層面去思考也許有解.

MBA要修到很專的,可以二年級全部都修同一個concentration該有的課程.這樣其實也夠鑽的了. 但一年級有的core則可以讓妳多些想法去思考問題癥結點.

My 2 cents

MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章lucyyeh » 2007-10-06 09:00

沒想到這麼快就有回覆,真是感人。讓我想到我對於專業性這個問題的認定,可能沒有想的很清楚。
怎麼表現個人專業性這一點我是覺得我還好啦,畢竟也騙吃騙喝很久了。
而且我想回國工作,MBA的caree service我不知道用不用的到?
我想請問個相對性的問題,在雇主的眼中,如果今天他們要選一個人來擔任MKT職務,
只有看履歷(假設履歷都寫的非常動容的狀況下)還沒面試的時候,MBA or MS Marketing吸引雇主目光?
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章維尼 » 2007-10-06 13:02

lucyyeh \$m[1]:沒想到這麼快就有回覆,真是感人。讓我想到我對於專業性這個問題的認定,可能沒有想的很清楚。
怎麼表現個人專業性這一點我是覺得我還好啦,畢竟也騙吃騙喝很久了。
而且我想回國工作,MBA的caree service我不知道用不用的到?
我想請問個相對性的問題,在雇主的眼中,如果今天他們要選一個人來擔任MKT職務,
只有看履歷(假設履歷都寫的非常動容的狀況下)還沒面試的時候,MBA or MS Marketing吸引雇主目光?

For me, I will choose someone with an TOP MBA degree and with marketing concentration... :P Related experience also counts.
MBA Class of 2009, UCLA Anderson School of Management

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. -- "I Have a Dream", Martin Luther King, Jr.
頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1194
註冊時間: 2005-02-21 17:41

文章modern » 2007-10-07 15:38

I agree with Wayne.

If U consider a lot about the $$ to invest, I'll say go for Kellogg IMC. It is a program that provides solid marcom skill sets you need.

MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章lucyyeh » 2007-10-07 17:30

我剛剛去喵了一下IMC的學費,哈,好像也沒有便宜到哪! 而且IMC Program是屬於傳院的課程,如同馬大所言,如要以訓練"general management層面去思考"的能力,好像在傳院比較沒辦法? (這是我的想法拉,或許有在國外唸過IMC program的人想法會跟我不一樣...不妨請多提供給我一點意見)
我換個角度問好了,大家覺得MBA 對於未來從事行銷工作有什麼樣的幫助呢?
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章bailey » 2007-10-09 04:51

MBA 對於未來從事行銷工作有什麼樣的幫助呢? -> Are you asking : can MBA get me a mkt job, or, can MBA help me perform as a mkt propressional?

Answer to the first question: your prior experience and the reputation of the program.
Answer to the second question: your prior experience and so-called "training" offered by the program, which is somehow correlates to the reputation of the program and the quality of student body.

You may want to think differently: what is your goal? (get a job in top FMCG companies, a job in brand mgt, blahblah)
Then think about how to achieve the goal. :)

Cheers,
bailey
頭像
bailey
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 379
註冊時間: 2005-01-10 14:26
來自: Atlanta

文章lucyyeh » 2007-10-09 07:40

Dear Bailiy,

To be specific, I re-ask: How can MBA help me perform as a mkt "better" professional?
My goal is to be a professional marketer, I don't restrain myself in any particular industry. However, I prefer to help Taiwanese brand.
Could you please tell me more how is different in top FMCG or in brand mkt?

Thank you.
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章bailey » 2007-10-09 23:54

I am afraid that you have to find out the anwser by yourself... what I would do is to clarify your question. :)
You talked about marketing. Which specific area are you in and do you like to switch to another area in marketing? What do you mean by professional marketers? By anwsering this question, you may find out what exactly your goal is, then you can plan accordingly.

在雇主的眼中,如果今天他們要選一個人來擔任MKT職務,只有看履歷(假設履歷都寫的非常動容的狀況下)還沒面試的時候,MBA or MS Marketing吸引雇主目光?
-> You may also want to narrow down what employers you are referring to. What Mkt position will you pursue? You also made an assumption that MBA grads and MS Marketing grads compete similar positions, which may not be always true.
頭像
bailey
高級會員
高級會員

文章catyhsin » 2007-10-10 02:30

Correction: Kellogg doesn't have IMC. It's under School of Journalism. I know it because I got my MS from Northwestern's IMC.

A lot of my American classmates got Brand Management jobs after graduation. And a lot of Taiwanese students get brand management positions when they go back to Taiwan.

It really doesn't matter whether you have a MS in Marketing or MBA when you find a marketing job. In most of the MBA program, you can choose 1-2 concentrations--you can choose to focuse on marketing and take more marketing courses.

If your goal is to be a general manager or in top management in the future, I will suggest you get a MBA.

Personally, if I have to choose again, I will choose MBA instead of IMC (because at that time I didn't know I will like business, haha). IMC really focuses on Marketing side of business, so you will easily lose sight of the big picutre of the busienss operations. Even our professors suggested we sit in Kellogg's classes to know what's really going on in business.

BTW, in Northwestern's IMC, you also need to learn economics, statistics, finance. And, you will get internship opportunities in summer (they call it residency)--it's like MBA's summer internship. you can get practical experience from that.

Why don't you talk to those students in MS in Marketing? They will help you to get a better understanding.

Good luck~
最後由 catyhsin 於 2007-10-10 04:26 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
catyhsin
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 24
註冊時間: 2005-12-16 23:46
來自: Madison, WI

文章lucyyeh » 2007-10-10 04:14

Wow... Dear bailey, I really appreciate you give me so insightful suggestions.
Well, the really professional marketer I want to be is someone who can really help a company to build up its strategic mkt plans.
But how to make the strategic mkt plan? I think it is a big question.
Per my personal experience, there are 3 kind of marketers who are seen very successful.

1. A person who know the specific industry very well so that he/she could find or create the market or unique resource.
He/she has stayed in that industry for years and gained great experience and relationship.

2. A person who know mkt profession and managerial skill so that he/she can help a company to solve its current mkt issue, make feasible mkt plans, and execute the plans successfully.

3. A person who know how to let people percieve that a company is very successful.

If I want to be the "2" person, is it sounds like MBA more helpful? Will an MBA help me identify what is crucial issue in a company and I might be able start from it? ? ? Or what kind of ability I should have to become the "2"?

Dear catyhsin,
It is a really nice share.

Is there anyone who is in MS in Marketing I may talk to???
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章modern » 2007-10-10 15:21

modern \$m[1]:I agree with Wayne.

If U consider a lot about the $$ to invest, I'll say go for Kellogg IMC. It is a program that provides solid marcom skill sets you need.

對 Kellogg沒有IMC,我真是他XX的手誤

要打NW IMC..... sorry, it's my fault.

再次聲明一下 IMC是屬於新聞學院的!!!! (我真的手賤 腦袋跟手寫的不一樣><)

MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章catyhsin » 2007-10-10 21:57

To lucyyeh:

You can post here, then IMC students should be able to help you out:
http://groups.msn.com/NUTSA/messageboar ... rket=en-us

To Morden:

It's okay la. I don't mind people think IMC is under Kellogg.....it's better for us, hehe:)
頭像
catyhsin
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 24
註冊時間: 2005-12-16 23:46
來自: Madison, WI

文章bailey » 2007-10-11 01:15

what kind of ability I should have to become the "2"?
-> What do you have right now? What attributes do Type 2 people have generally?

This is great exercise whether you have/want an MBA. ;)
頭像
bailey
高級會員
高級會員

下一頁

回到 Master 申請交流區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 13 位訪客