Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - 麻煩大夥幫我看看:套詞套回來了(PhD in management),接下來呢?

麻煩大夥幫我看看:套詞套回來了(PhD in management),接下來呢?

所有博士申請的經驗交流分享

麻煩大夥幫我看看:套詞套回來了(PhD in management),接下來呢?

文章hsudk » 2006-09-20 23:09

套詞是套回來了,但幾個問題還請大夥幫我解惑:

1. 要是我不把G考高點機會就不大是嗎?那為何又encourage me to consider applying?

2. 是叫我明年去學校看看嗎?該怎麼和他約明年campus visit的時間呢?

3. 我就想要跟他做研究呀,為何要我與其他faculty聯繫?不是說最好一個學校只和一位教授套詞嗎?

在此先謝過各位了。

Thank you for your interest in our strategy PhD program. Attached is a flyer containing some more information. And yes, we are planning to admit students for the fall of 2007. Your resaerch questions sound interesting, and we have several faculty in the area of entrepreneurship. Most of my current work can be found at the URLs below. I encourage you to consider applying, and if you do so, I would also ask you to consider a campus visit early next year. You should also make contact to other faculty in the strategy area. While your educational background looks strong, please keep in mind that admissions is very competitive, and a 700 GMAT is generally the lower bar. While your 690 score won’t disqualify you, you might want to consider retaking to be even more competitive, the current students’ average is 720, some are 750. On our PhD website, there are the addresses for the current students. I’d also encourage you to email them for some more information. All this is helpful to you in putting a competitive application together.

Please let me know if there are any more questions. Look forward to hopefully meeting you early next year, and to receiving your PhD application.
hsudk
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 196
註冊時間: 2005-11-04 15:03

文章Charleneshen » 2006-09-21 01:59

我覺得他倒不是一定要你跟其他教授聯繫,只是建議你看看其他教授的網站而已,如果你對他的研究特別有興趣,那就表現出你只想跟他的態度囉。

不過對方也說了,ph.d in mgnt的AT要求很高的,學校可能還是希望你申請,至於會不會收要看當年的applicants而定,所以他也沒有做任何保證。

我覺得你應該做or 還可以做的:
1. AT考高一點,如果沒時間那就690衝囉。

2. Application寫好,先申請吧。

3. 到學校親自跟教授面談,所以你可以回信問他的schedule或是哪段時間比較有空,既然要去,就一定要面對面跟他談,所以約時間的技巧就相對重要了。

3. 多看看其他教授的網站,可以多找一些有關你有興趣的topic,雖然不一定要跟其他教授聯繫,不過多找點談話的靈感也是好的。至於是不是真的不要跟其他教授聯繫呢?我覺得不同情況有不同看法,你自己斟酌囉。

據我所知,學術的競爭大於其他領域,所以盡量努力吧。
我欲乘風歸去,唯恐瓊樓玉宇,高處不勝寒,起舞弄清影,何似在人間。
MBA Candidate, Class of 2009
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/dameinui
頭像
Charleneshen
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 915
註冊時間: 2005-02-08 06:37
來自: CMU Tepper School of Business