Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [問題]PP-test1-Q89~Q92 (listening) (已收錄)

[問題]PP-test1-Q89~Q92 (listening) (已收錄)

Test of English as a Foreign Language

版主: micki, miaoidio, marchmarch, spritee

[問題]PP-test1-Q89~Q92 (listening) (已收錄)

文章HCA » 2005-11-11 15:43

89-92 Conversation about an Architecture Class
M: Interesting lecture today, didn’t you think?
W: Well, I suppose…. But I’ve never heard of the Bauhaus and I’m not clear on something. Was it some places you’d go to or was it more than a genre or movement some sort, you know like Brook impressionism.
M: No, it was actually a design school, located in Germany, founded by Walter Gropius. His goal was to combine technical skill and artistic talent and by doing this create a new form of architecture and applied arts.
W: Ok, so that explained what professor mentioned how strange people had studied with both a craft person and an artist.
M: Right. Before any body could actually begin their former training, they had to take workshops that were taught by both a craft person who emphasize technical expertise and an artist.
W: Interesting.
M: And the Bauhaus founders also departed from the notion of arts being of a form of a luxury object. They want to produce functional art to be enjoyed by everybody, not just the wealthy.
W: Were they making some sort of social statement?
M: Perhaps, I don’t know. But it didn’t mean that Bauhaus’ creation had their own artistic beauty and instead of being individually handcraft like something you see in a… I don’t know…Gothic Cathedral. They were produced by machines in large quantities.
W: Is the Bauhaus still around?
M: I don’t think so. But judging by the amount time on our class schedule that was going to be devoting to it, it’s a fact that must be left it.

92.What can be inferred from the conversation about the Bauhaus today? A: Its teachings are still influential.

答案是從哪一句看或聽出來的啊?
HCA
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 187
註冊時間: 2005-06-14 20:14

文章Mocha » 2005-11-12 01:14

我是從....

M: I don’t think so. But judging by the amount time on our class schedule that was going to be devoting to it, it’s a fact that must be left it.

這裡聽出來的.....
根據M的說法,他們的課程花了一些時間都在講解the Bauhaus
所以我想多少還是對當今有影響吧...
要不然花那些時間介紹做啥 >"<
個人見解嚕... ;-$
Mocha
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 17
註冊時間: 2005-10-12 02:16

文章molecular » 2006-03-09 22:13

請問最後這兩段對話的紅字部分是什麼意思呢? 謝謝
頭像
molecular
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 291
註冊時間: 2005-10-16 00:27

文章molecular » 2006-03-21 08:59

could someone help me? Thanks
頭像
molecular
中級會員
中級會員

文章aaronmin » 2006-03-21 16:35

Bauhaus 如今還存在嗎?

M: I don't think so. But judging by the amount of time on our class schedule that we're going to be devoting to it, its effects must have outlived it.

這樣應該就了解囉。 <:o)
aaronmin
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 147
註冊時間: 2005-04-03 01:57

文章molecular » 2006-03-21 19:41

aaronmin, 我已經有看過你在考試經驗分享裡面的分享文章了
可是我還是覺得很不可思議
你怎麼能把這些字都聽出來??
你寫說你幾乎都只有聽pp, 可是我覺得沒辦法到你這種功力耶!!
您是原本英文就很好嗎??
如果是的話, 我就不用在太苛責自己了
如果不是的話, 我真的很想知道你是怎麼辦到的耶!!

Thanks for your reply.
頭像
molecular
中級會員
中級會員

文章aaronmin » 2006-03-22 17:39

我的英文程度頂多只能算中上吧,談不上"很好",但從小一直對英文保持興趣倒是真的。
這次準備聽力我雖然只有聽PP,而且認為足夠了是因為PP不管是在tone、pattern、structure、question等等,和正式考試幾乎都一模一樣了,所以才會覺得直攻PP是最有效的方法,許多前人的準備心得也大多把PP放在第一順位。
另外,因為準備的時間有限,所以我有補習,藉由補習班的進度逼自己唸書。老師上課也是用PP,講義就是所謂"補習班校正過的PP script",其實對照網路上可供下載的各個script,就會發現補習班的也只是把網路上的做些修改,而且一樣錯誤很多,但只要大致不影響句意,其實無傷大雅。不過像這一題,script誤差就太大,會摸不著頭緒。
我在檢討PP時如果發現script有錯時就會試著訂正,因為為了想聽出錯誤,所以會更仔細去聽出每個字,加上連音的分析,幾次下來發覺還挺有趣的,雖然這樣挺花時間的,一篇talk大概要用掉一個小時,不過真的有感覺到進步。
如果有實在聽不懂的就來咖啡店看看前人是否已經討論過,或者和朋友討論,再對照各版本的script,大多可以發現端倪。

Nothing is impossible, just trust yourself, and you will make it! ;yes;
aaronmin
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 147
註冊時間: 2005-04-03 01:57

文章nexxt0722 » 2006-06-11 17:20

jane0614 \$m[1]:Conversation about an architecture class
M: Interesting lecture today, didn’t you think?
W: Well, I suppose…. But I’ve never heard of the Bauhaus and I’m not clear on something. Was it some places you’d go to or was it more than a genre or movement some sort, you know like Brook impressionism.
M: No, it was actually a design school, located in Germany, founded by Walter Gropius. His goal was to combine technical skill and artistic talent and by doing this create a new form of architecture and applied arts.
W: Ok, so that explained what professor mentioned how strange people had studied with both a craft person and an artist.
M: Right. Before any body could actually begin their former training, they had to take workshops that were taught by both a craft person who emphasize technical expertise and an artist.
W: Interesting.
M: And the Bauhaus founders also departed from the notion of arts being of a form of a luxury object. They want to produce functional art to be enjoyed by everybody, not just the wealthy.
W: Were they making some sort of social statement?
M: Perhaps, I don’t know. But it didn’t mean that Bauhaus’ creation had their own artistic beauty and instead of being individually handcraft like something you see in a… I don’t know…Gothic Cathedral. They were produced by machines in large quantities.
Is the Bauhaus still around? M: I don’t think so. But judging by the amount time on our class schedule that was going to be devoting to it, it’s a fact that must be left it.---> 本句是啥意思呢??
89. What is the talk mainly about?

A school of design
A famous architect
A group of German engineers
A machine used to help architects A

90. What was the philosophy of the founders of the
Bauhaus?

Designers should specialize in one particular skill
area.
Designers should study works from earlier
movements.
Design should be a blend of art and technology.
Design should be used for social criticism. C

91. Why was mass production important to Bauhaus
architects?

It demonstrated their ability to invent new machinery.
They were able to sell to markets outside of
Germany.
They could quickly establish themselves as major
artists.
It made their work accessible to people other than
the rich. D

為何本題91選D不選C
92. What can be inferred from the conversation about the
Bauhaus today?

Very few architects imitate its style.
Its teachings are still influential.
Its philosophy has been discredited.