Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [問題]PP-test(2)Q113~116(Listening)

[問題]PP-test(2)Q113~116(Listening)

Test of English as a Foreign Language

版主: micki, miaoidio, marchmarch, spritee

[問題]PP-test(2)Q113~116(Listening)

文章abser_29 » 2005-12-06 01:03

113-116: a professor talking with his student after the class.
W: This doesn’t have anything to do with the lecture, Doctor Brown. It’s just something I was wondering about.
M :I’m always glad to answer any questions.
W: What I want to know is without our space exploration, our astronomers concern there were polluting space? You know with the spacecrafts and satellites?
M: That is an interesting question. Well, first all, it’s important to understand that space isn’t that pristine as you might think more than thousands tons of debris enter the earth’s atmosphere every single day.
W: What? The spacecraft owns that much garbage?
M: No. But there are meteoroids in the atmosphere almost constantly. You are familiar with what the moon’s surface look like, right?
M: We don’t have all those craters on earth. I don’t understand.
M: Remember the moon’s lack of atmosphere means even the small meteoroids make craters. But most of the meteoroids that hit the earth’s atmosphere melt or break up in the air.
W: Causing meteorites, the streak of light we see are meteoroids breaking up. Isn’t it?
M: Yeah, and getting back to you question about pollution, that’s one way we can deal with the debris of satellites and spacecrafts. The truth is we do have a lot of orbiting debris and traveling at 10 to 20,000 miles per hour.
W: Really? I wouldn’t want to collide anything going that fast.
M: It’s real danger to spacecrafts. We can expose the debris by simply sending it back to the earth’s atmosphere.
W: Oh! So the debris will just burn up. Well, thanks a lot, Doctor Brown.

下面這個問題答案是B,為什麼C錯?Why?
According to the professor, why don’t more meteoroids hit the Earth’s surface?
【A】They are intercepted by the Moon.
【B】They are destroyed before reaching the Earth’s surface.
【C】They are repelled by the Earth’s atmosphere.
【D】Their orbits do not intersect the Earth’s orbit.
頭像
abser_29
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 6
註冊時間: 2005-09-03 22:28
來自: 決不回頭

文章michelle610 » 2005-12-06 02:27

C的repell是擊退或是驅逐的意思 大氣層沒那個能力去驅逐吧

我覺得這句話是關鍵啦!!
Remember the moon’s lack of atmosphere means even the small meteoroids make craters. But most of the meteoroids that hit the earth’s atmosphere melt or break up "in the air."

尤其最後的in the air 這就指出了 在隕石還沒到地面之前 就已經先被大氣層在空中給破壞了 所以隕石沒辦法在地球表面造成像是在月球表面上的那些坑洞
背靠傳統 才知道未來該往哪裡去
頭像
michelle610
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 320
註冊時間: 2005-03-21 09:33

文章abser_29 » 2005-12-07 00:30

michelle610 \$m[1]:C的repell是擊退或是驅逐的意思 大氣層沒那個能力去驅逐吧

我覺得這句話是關鍵啦!!
Remember the moon’s lack of atmosphere means even the small meteoroids make craters. But most of the meteoroids that hit the earth’s atmosphere melt or break up "in the air."

尤其最後的in the air 這就指出了 在隕石還沒到地面之前 就已經先被大氣層在空中給破壞了 所以隕石沒辦法在地球表面造成像是在月球表面上的那些坑洞

喔!!懂了...謝謝妳熱心的指導喔!!感恩...
頭像
abser_29
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 6
註冊時間: 2005-09-03 22:28
來自: 決不回頭

回到 TOEFL 討論區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 16 位訪客