Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - Haas 1th student taking quesitons

Haas 1th student taking quesitons

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

Haas 1th student taking quesitons

文章jamieyeh » 2005-12-12 14:51

希望可以在這解答大家有關Haas的問題
也祝大家申請順利!! :) Good luck...

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry- the system drove me crazy, I just cover my previous article and reply what I was going to say, to respond the quesiton toward comparison between Standford and Berkeley:

Haha, 這樣會破壞我跟Rainy學姐的感情咧 

Basically it is hard to comment on your question. I might need more time to get back to you when I collect more classmates' thoughts.

I think both of us are Tech and Entrepreneur oriented. I also met some Standford students couple days ago and they are also very nice.

- We have one Econ professor switching from Standord to Berkeley. I heard that he is really great, and probably the best.

-The size is smaller- the more chances that you can interact with professors and other classmates, maybe more intimate :)

- Campus are different, I know that it's a bit emotional if people make decision because of campus. But Berkeley campus is really different from Standford. I would say, some people like Standford and othe people like Berkeley. It depends on people's preference.

-EE in Berkeley is ranked #1 or #2 in States. That could be another very helpful source to help you get position in Tech industry ,or information.
jamieyeh
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 25
註冊時間: 2005-02-13 20:30

文章維尼 » 2005-12-12 15:26

我偷用一下 piyo 的問題 :P

對我來說
Berkeley 與 Stanford 都鄰近汐谷
不管在學術或是連結上都跟高科技有密切關係
Haas 相對於 Stanford GSB 的優勢是什麼呢?
MBA Class of 2009, UCLA Anderson School of Management

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. -- "I Have a Dream", Martin Luther King, Jr.
頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1194
註冊時間: 2005-02-21 17:41

文章wata » 2005-12-12 18:23

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for your sharing
尤其是在如火如荼的期末考週前

我想問一些網站上看不到的問題
對一個國際學生而言
妳覺得Haas的Career Center表現如何?
此外,請問妳未來還是想走高科技行銷嗎?如果想走其他產業的行銷,Haas校友的Network如何?妳會建議選擇Haas嗎?
最後,除了以上妳所列的優點之外,妳覺得Haas最大的缺點是什麼?

阿 一個不小心問了太多問題 ;-$
先謝謝妳撥時間回答哦~
頭像
wata
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 138
註冊時間: 2005-07-27 16:35

文章HHC » 2005-12-12 18:28

不好意思,我想問一個有關申請Haas的問題。
我在線上註冊時,找不到Taiwan(甚至中日韓也找不到),我就選了India,請問這有沒有關係啊?!如果想改資料要怎麼改呢?
頭像
HHC
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 211
註冊時間: 2005-07-13 08:21

文章reohuang » 2005-12-12 18:33

這個應該差很多吧 ;-S
如果不同的pool可能對於結果影響甚具喔

Taiwan, 或者是ROC, Taiwan
找找看應該還是會有的~
good luck~ ;))
頭像
reohuang
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 305
註冊時間: 2004-11-23 01:44

文章jamieyeh » 2005-12-13 00:26

To Wata
-我們的Career Center, 我個人覺得資源已經還蠻多的
線上有一些資料庫 會辦Career Fair 也會定期update各家公司的近況 也會有幫人review resume, cover letter, and mock interview的機會
還沒有機會跟別的學校比較 不過如果我有跟其它同學比較完可以再回覆妳
-我會試試consulting 或是在高科技產業的財務或strategy , business Development , 如果你想要走高科技行銷 那灣區真的是蠻好的選擇 
-haas有30-40%的人走Tech 產業所以資源相對來說多了很多 
去年在yahoo intern的有高達十二個之多 ( 12/240=1/20)

-其它產業的行銷,haas是蠻均衡發展的學校 在這邊的GAP淵源很深 也會有Johnson and Joshnson, 來recruit, 當然不可否認的是這邊High tech的資源比重最大 

-Haas 最大缺點??--好難喔 :p 這我必須去看一下別的學校的回答 :p

基本上我覺得這個缺點是跟優點是一體兩面的
I hate to say that, but somehow it's true for me, sometimes I would be lazy enough to keep talking in English, and also my classmates here are really nice, so...I can imagine, if I had chosen other school, there might have ben more forces to push me practice English all the time. - But , well, I think it is still quite good that , whenever I am down and frustrated, I can always have my lovely classmates accompanied and , Tapioca Milk tea to comfort me :)
jamieyeh
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 25
註冊時間: 2005-02-13 20:30

文章fujen64 » 2005-12-13 03:31

維尼 \$m[1]:我偷用一下 piyo 的問題 :P

對我來說
Berkeley 與 Stanford 都鄰近汐谷
不管在學術或是連結上都跟高科技有密切關係
Haas 相對於 Stanford GSB 的優勢是什麼呢?

我覺得比較Haas 或是 Stanford沒太大的意義
都是很棒的學校
都會給你很完整的訓練
要仔細想的是不是自己fit這間學校
還有fit your career path
另外大家可能有stereotype對Berkeley
覺得只有High-tech還有Entrepreneuship強
但是我們是很balance的,這也算是一個好處
Finance
Consulting
High-Tech
Health Care
Real Estate
Non-Profit
很多機會你可以追求

不過Berkeley是唯一可以看到漂亮的海灣和金門大橋的地方
看到那麼美的風景,心情也變的愉快許多

Fu-Jen (Jimmy) Chuang
MBA Candidate, 2007
U.C. Berkeley, Haas School of Business
頭像
fujen64
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 150
註冊時間: 2005-03-23 01:00

文章fujen64 » 2005-12-13 05:40

To Wata

Thanks for Jamie's detailed responses.
Here is my take about career lunch.
You can find the distribution at http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/MBA/after_haas.html

By industry
Finance 26%
High-tech 25%
Consulting 19%
Consumer Product 8%
Healthcare 7%
Real Estate 7%

By function
Finance 34%
Consulting 23%
Marketing 22%
General Mmt 12%

So you can see the figure, it's quite balance and you can try any area if you want.
I don't want to limit myself and Haas provides lots of job opportunities I can explore.
You can definitely find the opportunity to fit your interest in this diverse community.
One of the reasons I like Haas is all of us have different backgrounds and interests, you can learn from each other. You also can find people who have same interests in career pursuit and we are willing to help each other to succeed.

Good luck to your application and hope to see u next year.

Fu-Jen (Jimmy) Chuang
MBA Candidate, 2007
U.C. Berkeley, Haas School of Business

jamieyeh \$m[1]:To Wata
-我們的Career Center, 我個人覺得資源已經還蠻多的
線上有一些資料庫 會辦Career Fair 也會定期update各家公司的近況 也會有幫人review resume, cover letter, and mock interview的機會
還沒有機會跟別的學校比較 不過如果我有跟其它同學比較完可以再回覆妳
-我會試試consulting 或是在高科技產業的財務或strategy , business Development , 如果你想要走高科技行銷 那灣區真的是蠻好的選擇 
-haas有30-40%的人走Tech 產業所以資源相對來說多了很多 
去年在yahoo intern的有高達十二個之多 ( 12/240=1/20)

-其它產業的行銷,haas是蠻均衡發展的學校 在這邊的GAP淵源很深 也會有Johnson and Joshnson, 來recruit, 當然不可否認的是這邊High tech的資源比重最大 

-Haas 最大缺點??--好難喔 :p 這我必須去看一下別的學校的回答 :p

基本上我覺得這個缺點是跟優點是一體兩面的
I hate to say that, but somehow it's true for me, sometimes I would be lazy enough to keep talking in English, and also my classmates here are really nice, so...I can imagine, if I had chosen other school, there might have ben more forces to push me practice English all the time. - But , well, I think it is still quite good that , whenever I am down and frustrated, I can always have my lovely classmates accompanied and , Tapioca Milk tea to comfort me :)
頭像
fujen64
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 150
註冊時間: 2005-03-23 01:00

文章wata » 2005-12-13 16:51

謝謝Jamie跟Jimmy在百忙之中撥時間回答
大感謝~ :laugh

我一直在忙著申請
到今天中午才按下submit application
呼 終於完成史上最多essay的學校了 :smile

我很喜歡Haas非常彈性且活潑的課程設計還有社團風氣
不過就是小小擔心他太偏High-tech
萬一我念一念改變心意那不是很慘?!
不過既然Jimmy跟Jamie都這麼說了
我就不用太擔心囉~

我申請Haas還有個私人原因是因為我很喜歡的小學老師住在San Francisco
她已經第一百萬次邀請我去San Francisco陪她了
呵 至少住的地方沒問題囉 ;HH
頭像
wata
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 138
註冊時間: 2005-07-27 16:35

文章維尼 » 2005-12-13 20:05

謝謝 fujen 和 jamie :)
MBA Class of 2009, UCLA Anderson School of Management

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. -- "I Have a Dream", Martin Luther King, Jr.
頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1194
註冊時間: 2005-02-21 17:41

文章linjunkai » 2005-12-13 20:36

Fujen and Jamie, thanks for your efforts and share!!
linjunkai
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 37
註冊時間: 2004-12-02 18:53

文章fujen64 » 2005-12-14 05:09

Haha...i know it's so painful and annoying writing Berkeley essays.
However, the admissions office just want to know more about who you are and to know if your personality can fit this diverse and supportive community.
All of our first year students are busy for our finals now but we are still coordinating with the admission office to work out holding the reception in Taipei around the beginning of January. Lots of my fellow classmates will back to share our learning experience at Haas and application tips.

Hope can see you all in Taipei soon.

Fu-Jen (Jimmy)

wata \$m[1]:謝謝Jamie跟Jimmy在百忙之中撥時間回答
大感謝~ :laugh

我一直在忙著申請
到今天中午才按下submit application
呼 終於完成史上最多essay的學校了 :smile

我很喜歡Haas非常彈性且活潑的課程設計還有社團風氣
不過就是小小擔心他太偏High-tech
萬一我念一念改變心意那不是很慘?!
不過既然Jimmy跟Jamie都這麼說了
我就不用太擔心囉~