Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [問題]pp-test1-listening-102~105

[問題]pp-test1-listening-102~105

Test of English as a Foreign Language

版主: micki, miaoidio, marchmarch, spritee

[問題]pp-test1-listening-102~105

文章aganess » 2006-01-31 15:15

W: I think you would enjoy my geology class this morning.
M: Don’t bet on it, I’ve never cared much about rocks.
W: But you do care about dinosaurs, I recall. And today we discussed the geological evidence about what may have killed off the dinosaurs, at least here in North America.
M: Oh, sure, they got a hit by a comet or something, I think.
W: Well, Yeah, about 60 million years ago, a huge comet did crash into earth down in New Mexico and plowed out an enormous crater over a hundred miles across.
M: and that’s why the death of the dinosaurs, right?
W: Well, it wasn’t exactly the impact itself but what happened right afterward. You see researchers figured out from the shape of the crater that the comet must be coming in pretty low across the Atlantic and so right after to the impact, a huge cloud of fire razor(?) must sweep clear across the north America, all in just a few minutes. And that’s what probably killed off not just the dinosaurs but a lot of different species of plants and animals.
M: Amazing!
W: Yeah! And even 2000 miles in the impact, plants would be burst into flame.
M: And the fire that intense must destroy just about everything!
W: Well, above ground anyway!
M: Above ground? Say! I wonder it better explains why the dinosaurs all disappeared but some other animals, like maybe small mammals, living underground manage to survive.
W: Make sense! Anyhow! Latter on tons of dust that was thrown away out into the atmosphere may have caused some global climate change. So eventually the comet probably affected plant and animal species all around the world but nowhere as much as in North America.

這篇是在說恐龍的滅絕原因不是因為被彗星撞擊....而且被撞擊之後的影響..
從隕石坑的形狀來判斷, 慧星必定很接近亞特蘭大..所以在撞擊之後..
後面那句英文我就看不懂了..文稿好像也有點怪怪的..請大家幫我看看..
謝謝
aganess
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 48
註冊時間: 2005-04-21 11:18

文章jei9999 » 2006-02-01 19:42

個人淺見
應該是說彗星撞地球揚起的塵土遮蔽了整個天空,
使植物無法生存,而後使草食動物死亡,再來是肉食性動物。
個人認為是這樣 ;-$ 有錯請見諒
jei9999
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 9
註冊時間: 2006-01-13 22:07

Re: [問題]pp-test1-listening-102~105

文章molecular » 2006-03-14 20:21

aganess \$m[1]:W: Well, it wasn’t exactly the impact itself but what happened right afterward. You see researchers figured out from the shape of the crater that the comet must be coming in pretty low across the Atlantic and so right after to the impact, a huge cloud of fire razor(?) must sweep clear across the north America, all in just a few minutes. And that’s what probably killed off not just the dinosaurs but a lot of different species of plants and animals.

這篇是在說恐龍的滅絕原因不是因為被彗星撞擊....而且被撞擊之後的影響..
從隕石坑的形狀來判斷, 慧星必定很接近亞特蘭大..所以在撞擊之後..
後面那句英文我就看不懂了..文稿好像也有點怪怪的..請大家幫我看看..
謝謝

我覺得"razor"這個字很有問題
因為明明有聽到per的音
但是這個字完全沒有p的音
我已經查過我聽起來覺得像的zipper, zapper等字, 但應該都不是
有人可以幫忙聽聽看嘛
Thanks
頭像
molecular