Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - Any question about UCLA Anderson School of Management?

Any question about UCLA Anderson School of Management?

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

Any question about UCLA Anderson School of Management?

文章維尼 » 2007-09-15 12:30

Hi everyone,

If you are interested in UCLA Anderson School of Management and would like to ask questions, please post them in this thread and we will try to answer them.

In class of 2009, there are 9 Taiwan students (other Taiwan-based people with US citizenship are not counted in) and we come from different industries, from high tech to health care to finance to machinery. The overall class profile can downloaded through the following link: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/documents/ ... rofile.pdf

Any questions? Ask now!
MBA Class of 2009, UCLA Anderson School of Management

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. -- "I Have a Dream", Martin Luther King, Jr.
頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1194
註冊時間: 2005-02-21 17:41

文章alala » 2007-09-15 19:41

請問 PhD 的問題也可以問嗎?
alala
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 14
註冊時間: 2005-09-08 14:48

文章loft » 2007-09-15 22:34

Dear 維尼

I did have a question.
Is it true that UCLA require sectional scores of TOEFL ?
ex, speaking section has to be over 24, otherwise, application won't be accepted.

I heard from Jessica about this today, and she asked me to check website for more info, however, I can't find this requirement anywhere in the website.

Would you pls help confirm this ?

Thank you !!
loft
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 2
註冊時間: 2007-09-05 19:19

文章維尼 » 2007-09-15 23:51

alala \$m[1]:請問 PhD 的問題也可以問嗎?

Hi alala,

So far I did not know any Taiwan PhD student in Anderson so I am not sure how much help I can provide. However, if you really have any question about our PhD program but cannot find the answer on the website or the right person to send email, you can send me a personal message with your email and question. I will try to find the right person to solve your problem.

Wayne
最後由 維尼 於 2007-09-16 00:02 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. -- "I Have a Dream", Martin Luther King, Jr.
頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章維尼 » 2007-09-15 23:54

loft \$m[1]:Dear 維尼

I did have a question.
ex, speaking section has to be over 24, otherwise, application won't be accepted.

I heard from Jessica about this today, and she asked me to check website for more info, however, I can't find this requirement anywhere in the website.

Thank you !!

Hi loft,

Checking our website about application, I could not find the requirement of each section either. You can send email to the admission office and meanwhile, I will check it for you during their office hour.

Wayne

頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章loft » 2007-09-16 20:07

Thank you, Wayne.

I'll try to call for an answer as well since UCLA's email reply is very slow....

Besides, I have one more question.

Compared with other B-schools, do you feel UCLA have more smart students who have outstanding TOFEL, AT scores and probably have little even none of work experience?

I feel that way since UCLA didn't strictly require applicant have work experience, however, they seem to value AT very much. ex they'll consider all scores if applicant takes AT more than twice.
loft
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 2
註冊時間: 2007-09-05 19:19

文章modern » 2007-09-16 22:14

我有問題

我下週要飛了

請提醒我有什麼容易忘掉帶的要帶

ps...我懶得用英文  打中文比較快
Morden Chen |CUHK MBA Class of 2008

Http://apply4mba.blogspot.com
MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1319
註冊時間: 2005-10-19 23:31
來自: Microsoft China

文章維尼 » 2007-09-23 17:39

loft \$m[1]:Dear 維尼

I did have a question.

Thank you !!

Hi loft,

After checking with the admission office, I am sure there is no minimum requirement for each section of TOEFL.

Good Luck!

Wayne

頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章wiggy » 2007-10-10 17:34

Hi Wayne,

Would you please share with us backgrounds of you guys from Taiwan?
e.g. how many years of work experience? and in what industries? what's the range of AT and Toefl scores that you guys had?

And what's your first impression when you were at the school of Anderson?

Thank you very much.
wiggy
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 13
註冊時間: 2006-08-04 17:47

文章modern » 2007-10-12 16:32

我可以代維尼回第二個問題 之後讓維尼再回一次

Anderson建築還算挺新的,五十步之內必有廁所(<--這個我喜歡 )
外頭的草坪很漂亮,綠油油,陽光充足,標準的sunshine california. 現在十月了我們都還是穿著一件襯衫就可以出門不會怕冷到.
學生的背景非常diversified,出路也一樣,非常diversified. 以我修娛樂業行銷的同學來說,就有好些根本是瞄準娛樂業的.這類學生在其他學校可能極少.
另外Anderson這邊非常的講求team work.多數的課程都是以團隊為單位在做,十足的collegial

學校的就業資源很充足,三大consulting都有來,還有一些小型的. 至於投行的話也是該來的都來了.

恩,另外就是我覺得這邊整體穿著都比較輕鬆

剩下的給維尼說
他最近忙得不可開交~
Morden Chen |CUHK MBA Class of 2008

Http://apply4mba.blogspot.com
MBA人的blog重新開張,免費諮詢,請來賞光
頭像
modern
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 1319
註冊時間: 2005-10-19 23:31
來自: Microsoft China

文章維尼 » 2007-10-13 13:57

不好意思沒有第一時間回復
目前還處在適應繁忙課業的狀態中
(第一學期前五週每天早上八點都有課.... Orz)

以課程來說
我只能說學校很"貼心"
因為開學比較晚 (quarter制 所以到Oct 1st才正式開學)
所以特別把兩個基本課程(marketing and finance)變成連續上五週 每天都要上
感覺很累 但是快速進入狀況吧 :P

以文化來看
UCLA普遍來說是比較不拘小節
所以上課時有人穿著拖鞋短褲就來
但是也維持對employer的尊重
很多人是帶著西裝到學校來換
感覺就是一群play hard, work hard的人

Wayne

頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章cliffkls_orig » 2007-10-29 10:17

我想請問一下 UCLA 的 MBA 入學門檻大概是如何呢??
cliffkls_orig
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 3
註冊時間: 2007-09-28 13:57

文章qixz_orig » 2007-10-29 23:54

Hello,

I have a question.
I already got a MBA from NTU. But in fact, it is not "true" MBA.
My major is Information Management and most class I taken is about Information Technology.In addition, my thesis is also pure technical. (wireless network & math model).
Just because my department is in Management so NTU gave me MBA degree.
I work at a global IT company as an engineer now.
Now I want to pursue a real MBA to become an PM or Consultant.
I alreay pass IBT and GMAT.
Can I apply to UCLA Anderson?
I browse its page and found they dont accept people who got MBA before. I am very worried. Thank you.
qixz_orig
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 16
註冊時間: 2007-04-03 22:13

文章維尼 » 2007-10-31 11:27

qixz \$m[1]:Hello,

I have a question.
I already got a MBA from NTU. But in fact, it is not "true" MBA.
My major is Information Management and most class I taken is about Information Technology.In addition, my thesis is also pure technical. (wireless network & math model).
Just because my department is in Management so NTU gave me MBA degree.
I work at a global IT company as an engineer now.
Now I want to pursue a real MBA to become an PM or Consultant.
I alreay pass IBT and GMAT.
Can I apply to UCLA Anderson?
I browse its page and found they dont accept people who got MBA before. I am very worried. Thank you.

Hi,

I just mailed your question to the admission officer in charge of international students because he is out of town now. Will get back to you later.

Wayne

頭像
維尼
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章cliffkls_orig » 2007-10-31 14:56

我想請問一下......MBA申請的時間點大約是在幾月份呢
cliffkls_orig
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 3