Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - UT McCombs School of Business MBA 2009 - Taking Questions

UT McCombs School of Business MBA 2009 - Taking Questions

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

UT McCombs School of Business MBA 2009 - Taking Questions

文章cy6077 » 2007-11-03 06:44

Hi everybody:

我們是McCombs School of Business 一年級的MBA, 在介紹我們學校之前,我先分享一些個人的經驗:

我: 老媽, 我決定要去唸UT的MBA了.
老媽: UT在哪裏?
我: UT 在德州
老媽: 德州? 那裏是不是都是一片沙漠啊?
我: 不了吔?
老媽: 那裏是不是很荒涼啊? 我看電視上美國有一處有很多牛ㄚ,牛仔ㄚ的地方, 那裡是不是德州啊?
我: 不了吔….
老媽: 德州是不是很熱啊! 你還要去嗎?
我:……

如果你們對Texas的印象和我沒來這兒之前一樣是沙漠+仙人掌+牛仔的話,相信你們來到這兒之後一定會大吃一驚! 沒錯,這兒是熱了點(依據前輩之言過去4年來只下了3天的雪),不過Austin是一個 mucho漂亮的城市-藍天+綠地+live music.如果你有機會來到這裡,相信你會戀上這個城市.

言歸正傳, UT MBA 是一所傳統的名校,坊間排行中是位在TOP 20之列,不過在美南地區,UT MBA可是排名第一的. 德州是美國面積及人口第二大州,有三個百萬人口都會,以及潛力十足的高科技走廊,所以也吸引不少start-up company來這個經濟圈發展. 如果你對High-tech, Energy這種特殊的產業有興趣,UT MBA 是你很好的選擇.

今年 McCombs 有四位台灣的新生,我們的背景很多元, an accountant, a banker, a high-tech engineer, and a government officer. 兩男二女再加上二年級的四大金釵,以及華裔的盟友們,湊成一個熱鬧的大家庭.

關於McCombs 與其他名校差異化的地方, 當然不是靠我在這兒自吹自擂就算數, 還是要各位自個做做功課比較比較. 這兒我只介紹一樣- MBA Investment Fund. 它是全美第一個創立, 也是目前AUM最大的由MBA學生獨立運作及操盤的基金. Investment Fund每年只招收15-20位新生加入, 所以競爭超激烈. 如果你的career path是鎖定在finance specialization的話,不妨多了解這個極佳的實習機會.

UT 的admission process是採rolling basis, 國際學生的申請截止日是 Feb 1st,2008. 因為德州的Graduate Schools都統一使用一個申請系統, 所以基本上申請系統並不是很user friendly的, 請各位稍微忍耐忍耐囉! 若各位有任何問題, 我們2009的同學們很樂意為大家解說與回覆.

Some useful links of McCombs MBA Program:

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/academics/opportunities.asp

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/admissions/

歡迎大家多多提問

Hook 'em
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
McCombs Graduate School of Business
University of Texas at Austin
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 70
註冊時間: 2006-05-14 22:15
來自: 台北

文章qqqqq » 2007-11-04 04:09

請問2年下來
實際全部所需費用
謝謝
qqqqq
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 14
註冊時間: 2005-01-15 23:22

文章mcfish » 2007-11-04 08:51

[quote="qqqqq"]請問2年下來
實際全部所需費用
謝謝[/quote]

學費第一年約4萬(漲價了...淚),第二年應該跑不掉
生活費一個月房租約450~700(合住或一個人)
加水電雜費大概1,000以內吧
mcfish
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 25
註冊時間: 2005-10-06 18:08

文章cy6077 » 2007-11-05 09:50

想要貼幾張學校美美的照片,可是怎麼試也不行.
如果看倌們想要看看UT and McCombs 到底長得什麼樣子的話,請參考以下的連結.

UT Tower - symbol of UT
http://picasaweb.google.com/cy6077/UT/photo#5119929209232248402

McCombs School of Business
http://picasaweb.google.com/cy6077/UT/photo#5125511190034312738

MBA Investment Fund
http://picasaweb.google.com/cy6077/UT/photo#5125511177149410834

Austin
http://picasaweb.google.com/cy6077/UT/photo#5125512203646594610
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章keane0727 » 2007-11-15 16:17

Hi Cy6077,

I have a question which needs your clarification. I know that Autsin MAB students can choose to pursue an academic concentration or a market-driven specialty. I am interested in a career in supply chain management. Could you please clarify what is the difference between a "Supply Chain and Operations Management Concentration" and "Supply chain and Operation Management Speciality?" Also, is it possible to complete a dual concentration, dual specialty, or a concentration plus a speciality?

Thank you.
keane0727
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 134
註冊時間: 2006-05-24 16:57

文章cy6077 » 2007-11-16 07:51

keane0727 \$m[1]:Hi Cy6077,

I have a question which needs your clarification. I know that Autsin MAB students can choose to pursue an academic concentration or a market-driven specialty. I am interested in a career in supply chain management. Could you please clarify what is the difference between a "Supply Chain and Operations Management Concentration" and "Supply chain and Operation Management Speciality?" Also, is it possible to complete a dual concentration, dual specialty, or a concentration plus a speciality?

Thank you.

Hi keane0727:

Concentration - focuses on the general realm such as Operations, Marketing, Finance, Global Business, Information Management, Risk management, etc.

Specialiation - involves in the deeper part of concentration, such as Energy Finance, Private Equity, Real Estate Finance, etc. The basic rule to get a concentration or specialization is to finish taking the prerequisite course and then finish taking a minium of other curriculum requirements.

As far as I know, McCombs offers supply chain management and operations management concerntration, yet no further specialization. So you can go taking all the elective courses related to the fields of OPs or supply chain management, or you can finish the basic required courses and then maximize the number of concentration or spacializaion you can get.

經過二輪慘烈的 bidding process, McCombs 明年春季的選課己經結束了,大部份的同學選擇各個concentration的先修課程,但也有的人是選擇參加 Global Trek 或是心儀的教授的課程, 基本上McCombs的選課彈性很大,主要還是看個人的安排.
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章keane0727 » 2007-11-17 17:32

Hi cy6077

Thank you for the information regarding the concentration and speciality. Did you see the message I sent to you? Can you tell me your name by replying to my hotmail?

Best regards,
Keane
keane0727
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 134
註冊時間: 2006-05-24 16:57

文章mmccliu » 2007-12-15 23:10

hi cy6077

I have some problems about the MBA programs in McCombs School of Business.

As I fill in the online application form, I'm required to select the program I want to apply. However, I see two kinds of MBA programs of McCombs.

Texas MBA at DFW
http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/dfwmba/

Texas MBA at Houston
http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/houstonmba/

I have no idea what's the difference between them and which one is usually called McCombs B-School?

Thanks for your reply.
Mike
mmccliu
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 4
註冊時間: 2006-10-18 09:29

文章cy6077 » 2007-12-16 13:05

Hi Mike:

As far as I know, these two programs are supported by the McCombs B-School and the graduates are named as a "Texas MBA" nomination, too. However, these programs are held in the Dallas and Huston, respectively. So if you are intended to study in these cities, you can choose them. Or if you are interested in attending a traditional, full-time MBA program, you'd better choose "Full Time MBA" program in Austin.

Cy6077
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章cy6077 » 2007-12-16 13:14

Folks:

連續煎熬了5個晚上, 我們 First Year 的期末終於考完了. 很抱歉今年我們4位來自台灣的戰友在winter break的時候都無法回台灣 (歹勢! 有的去探索新大陸,有的要練功準備internship interview). 不過我們仍然很樂意在版上回答各位對UT McCombs MBA 的問題. Happy winter break!

Cy6077
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章lilianac » 2007-12-18 13:03

Hi future MBA students,

I'm a 1st-year student at McCombs MBA program, a classmate of cy6077 and mcfish =)
I've got many useful helps from this forum, so I think it's time for me to give something back now!

Cy6077 has done a great job giving an overall introduction of McCombs MBA program,
and I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the application process, the courses or life in Austin.

Emails are welcome since I don't check this forum as often as I did before.
The lesson I learned from the application process-- Be confident in yourself! =)
For those who don't come from business background (social sciences or liberal arts in particular), I was in your position this year earlier.
I'd be more than happy to help you delve into the life in B-School ;-)

Last word, Austin is awesome!

Cheers,

lilianac
liliana_maat@hotmail.com
lilianac
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 2
註冊時間: 2005-10-10 16:13

文章cy6077 » 2007-12-22 02:35

lilianac \$m[1]:Hi future MBA students,

Austin is awesome!

Cheers,

Hilarious job, Liliana.

除了那位宅男以外, 2009 Taiwanese McCombs MBAers 在版上都到齊了.

Hook 'em
cy6077
涵緣

TEXAS Full Time MBA 09
cy6077
初級會員
初級會員

文章Charlie Wang » 2007-12-24 13:23

cy6077 \$m[1]:Hi Mike:

As far as I know, these two programs are supported by the McCombs B-School and the graduates are named as a "Texas MBA" nomination, too. However, these programs are held in the Dallas and Huston, respectively. So if you are intended to study in these cities, you can choose them. Or if you are interested in attending a traditional, full-time MBA program, you'd better choose "Full Time MBA" program in Austin.

Cy6077

小弟還想請問一些問題

Texas MBA at Houston上課的教授都是跟Texas MBA的教授一樣
但是Houston也可享有Texas MBA一般提供的服務嗎?
Houston的學生也可以利用學校的就業系統嗎?
可以到Austin面試嗎?
在當地的公司評價,是否有明顯的差別?

謝謝
Charlie Wang

MBT Class of 2007 | University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
BBA Class of 2006 | The University of Iowa, Tippie College of Business

Disclaimer: Any advice included in this written or electronic communication was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the reader, for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on the reader by any governmental authority or agency
頭像
Charlie Wang
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 127
註冊時間: 2005-04-18 23:57

文章Jason Lee » 2007-12-24 14:10

lilianac \$m[1]:

Last word, Austin is awesome!

Cheers,

lilianac
liliana_maat@hotmail.com

Austin is super awesome!!! You definitely won't get bored, and will probably make tons of friends in Austin.

Top 3 Party School

Top 5 Lots of Beer

Top 8 Lots of Hard Liquor

Top 9 Reefer Madness

Top 11 Students Pack the Stadiums
Jason Lee
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 94
註冊時間: 2007-02-04 08:59

Re: UT McCombs School of Business MBA 2009 - Taking Question

文章kikiwiwi » 2007-12-24 15:45

cy6077 \$m[1]:Hi everybody:

我們是McCombs School of Business 一年級的MBA, 在介紹我們學校之前,我先分享一些個人的經驗:

我: 老媽, 我決定要去唸UT的MBA了.
老媽: UT在哪裏?
我: UT 在德州
老媽: 德州? 那裏是不是都是一片沙漠啊?
我: 不了吔?
老媽: 那裏是不是很荒涼啊? 我看電視上美國有一處有很多牛ㄚ,牛仔ㄚ的地方, 那裡是不是德州啊?
我: 不了吔….
老媽: 德州是不是很熱啊! 你還要去嗎?
我:……

如果你們對Texas的印象和我沒來這兒之前一樣是沙漠+仙人掌+牛仔的話,相信你們來到這兒之後一定會大吃一驚! 沒錯,這兒是熱了點(依據前輩之言過去4年來只下了3天的雪),不過Austin是一個 mucho漂亮的城市-藍天+綠地+live music.如果你有機會來到這裡,相信你會戀上這個城市.

言歸正傳, UT MBA 是一所傳統的名校,坊間排行中是位在TOP 20之列,不過在美南地區,UT MBA可是排名第一的. 德州是美國面積及人口第二大州,有三個百萬人口都會,以及潛力十足的高科技走廊,所以也吸引不少start-up company來這個經濟圈發展. 如果你對High-tech, Energy這種特殊的產業有興趣,UT MBA 是你很好的選擇.

今年 McCombs 有四位台灣的新生,我們的背景很多元, an accountant, a banker, a high-tech engineer, and a government officer. 兩男二女再加上二年級的四大金釵,以及華裔的盟友們,湊成一個熱鬧的大家庭.

關於McCombs 與其他名校差異化的地方, 當然不是靠我在這兒自吹自擂就算數, 還是要各位自個做做功課比較比較. 這兒我只介紹一樣- MBA Investment Fund. 它是全美第一個創立, 也是目前AUM最大的由MBA學生獨立運作及操盤的基金. Investment Fund每年只招收15-20位新生加入, 所以競爭超激烈. 如果你的career path是鎖定在finance specialization的話,不妨多了解這個極佳的實習機會.

UT 的admission process是採rolling basis, 國際學生的申請截止日是 Feb 1st,2008. 因為德州的Graduate Schools都統一使用一個申請系統, 所以基本上申請系統並不是很user friendly的, 請各位稍微忍耐忍耐囉! 若各位有任何問題, 我們2009的同學們很樂意為大家解說與回覆.

Some useful links of McCombs MBA Program:

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/academics/opportunities.asp

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/admissions/

歡迎大家多多提問

Hook 'em

Hi~

請問一下,Austin在南方有一定的實力和優勢,不曉得在找summer intern或未來的job時,是不是多半侷限在南部的地方呢?

是否可分享一下Austin對於學生在找工作或實習時,學校面有沒有提供什麼樣的幫助,或是學校有沒有很多recruiting的活動呢?

謝謝喔~
kikiwiwi
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 15
註冊時間: 2006-04-29 02:16

下一頁

回到 美洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 33 位訪客