Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - 舒力克商學院 Schulich School of Business Taking Questions

舒力克商學院 Schulich School of Business Taking Questions

留學美洲的各種資訊交流

版主: raist, Opeman

舒力克商學院 Schulich School of Business Taking Questions

文章sandarac » 2007-11-05 02:23

Hi,

Anyone interested in Schulich feel free to ask here!!! We currently
have 24 students from Taiwan (including 2 exchange, 1 IMBA, 3 part time, and the rest are 2006 and 2007 winter & fall term)!!

Welcome to join our big family.... ;))

也煩請版主置頂嚕 ;HH
Sandarac Lee, MBA, Class of 2008
頭像
sandarac
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 539
註冊時間: 2004-11-05 00:23
來自: 台南

文章imagenooks » 2007-11-05 10:31

Hi there,

That's quite a few of students from Taiwan in York. May I know what the total intake is of Fulltime 07 MBA program?

Also, What sort of companies are there on campus for recruiting? And what kind of teaching style does school take? Is it mixed of case studies, lecuture and seminar? or there's a perferred method that Schulich adopts?

Your answers are much appreciated.
imagenooks
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 80
註冊時間: 2005-10-16 14:43

文章sandarac » 2007-11-06 13:58

imagenooks \$m[1]:Hi there,

That's quite a few of students from Taiwan in York. May I know what the total intake is of Fulltime 07 MBA program?

Also, What sort of companies are there on campus for recruiting? And what kind of teaching style does school take? Is it mixed of case studies, lecuture and seminar? or there's a perferred method that Schulich adopts?

Your answers are much appreciated.

Thanks for asking good questions!!

For 2007 winter, there are 1 from Taiwan and 2 local immigrants!!(All full-time regular MBAs)

For 2007 Fall, there are 7 from Taiwan (3 of them has citizenship already; including 2 exchange student from 政大 and 中山, and 2 accelerate MBAs, 3 regular MBA); 2 local immigrants (1 accelerate MBA and 1 IMBA)

So it's 12 Taiwanese this year...

The attachment is a list of companies that has been to our campus since Sept!

http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/ ... enDocument

Regarding to the teaching style, I would say it depends on professor....Mix of case study and lecture is very common; sometimes there will be guest speakers(very common in the Art & Media Program)...and there will always be seminars as long as you have time to attend!!

Btw, Schulich is very focus on team work; therefore, to graduate from Schulich, you must complete a 8 month project called 601,(with 6~7 team members, 2 faculty advisors and 1 faculty chair) which is basically doing strategic consulting for a company(But you need to find a company)! We called it 601 地獄.... 8o|

麻煩板大置頂嚕
最後由 sandarac 於 2007-11-22 15:07 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
頭像
sandarac
高級會員
高級會員

文章James » 2007-11-08 22:10

我有將這帖整理到Taking question的連結裡,所以就不置頂了
Aim high, soaring; aim low, sorry.
Don't pray for tasks equal to your powers; pray for powers equal to your tasks.
James
黃金會員
黃金會員

文章: 959
註冊時間: 2004-10-28 01:55

文章sandarac » 2007-11-09 02:09

James \$m[1]:我有將這帖整理到Taking question的連結裡,所以就不置頂了

Yup...that's what I mean...感謝James 大哥 :PP
頭像
sandarac
高級會員
高級會員

文章lucyyeh » 2007-11-21 20:34

Dear Sandarac,

I'm especially interested in IMBA programe. Could you share some international learning experience in IMBA?
How do I know if I'm qualified for IMBA? Is there any particular international experience required for applicants?

Thanks
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 410
註冊時間: 2007-03-22 12:20

文章lucyyeh » 2007-11-21 20:39

Forgot to ask...I saw there is a "602" in IMBA curriculum, is it also similar to "601"? Sounds challenging and interesting.
lucyyeh
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 410
註冊時間: 2007-03-22 12:20

文章sandarac » 2007-11-22 10:17

lucyyeh \$m[1]:Forgot to ask...I saw there is a "602" in IMBA curriculum, is it also similar to "601"? Sounds challenging and interesting.

IMBA is the International MBA, there will be only 1 IMBA class...so classmates know each other pretty well!
The tuition fee is the same as regular MBA, but IMBA students need to take more courses at the first 2 terms(Such as language courses, etc) Moreover, students are required to find internship and also go exchange(necessary for Canadian)! It's a quite demanding program and some of the first 2 term courses are time wasting for students who have undergraduate degree in business.

Actually 602 is the 601 too...but it's for IMBA student!!
So the project should be focused on creating a market entry strategy for a foreign company that is interested in entering the North American market or a Canadian company contemplating, or facing challenges in foreign markets.

For more information, please check
http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/ ... enDocument
頭像
sandarac
高級會員
高級會員

回到 美洲MBA留學相談室

誰在線上