Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [問題]pptest-1 listening54-58

[問題]pptest-1 listening54-58

Test of English as a Foreign Language

版主: micki, miaoidio, marchmarch, spritee

[問題]pptest-1 listening54-58

文章ROMA » 2005-03-17 22:15

W: So how do you like living in the renovated dorms?
M: They have much difference with old dorms just some new pane and windows, the windows are nice so they shut off the noise really well. The street just outside but I can barely hear the traffic.
W: Um, they must be good windows, I bet they must have double panes and glasses; they shut off a lot of noise that the single pane wouldn’t stop.
M: Yeah, I wish I had something just the factor between me and my neighbor’s room. Sometimes he turns up the music so loud and I have trouble getting into sleep. Anyway I guess that’s better off for the people who be moving into the new dorms. Did you see how thin wall there that they putting up between those rooms.
W: I haven’t seen but I did read something about in the campus newspaper. They are supposed to be better than the thick concrete wall you got here.
M: Better? How?
W: Well, what they doing is separating each room with 2 thin layer of plasterboards and each one has nailed to a different frame. That way they vibrate independently.
M: Oh, I see, so the sound from the one room doesn’t just vibrate the wall and go directly into next room. There is gap between 2 layers of wall.
W: That’s right.
M: I still stuck with this neighbor and I am not sure what to do.
W: You know heavy bear wall doesn’t help. You should hang something up like fur rags or some decorated cross. That would act like a kind of the second wall and absorb some sound. I got some extra you can use, if you like.
M: I’d appreciate; anything could get a good night sleep.

租體的地方不太懂還有那just the factor 怎翻
ROMA
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 25
註冊時間: 2004-12-16 22:53

文章marchmarch » 2005-03-17 22:22

親愛的樓主,
雖然你沒問到題目選項,但還是請將題目與答案完整貼出好嗎?
這樣高手們回答時會更詳細哦! :laugh
堅持我的心念
老天是不會虧待我的
marchmarch
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 597
註冊時間: 2004-11-05 14:49

文章Behemoth » 2005-03-17 22:23

剛聽了一下
覺得稿是錯的

應該是
i wish i had something just EFFECTIVE between....
Eric Chang
MBA Class of 2008
MIT Sloan School of Management
頭像
Behemoth
管理員
管理員

文章: 2948
註冊時間: 2004-09-10 18:19
來自: Boston

文章satomath » 2005-11-17 18:17

M: Yeah, I wish I had something just the factor between me and my neighbor’s room. Sometimes he turns up the music so loud and I have trouble getting into sleep. Anyway I guess that’s better off for the people who be moving into the new dorms. (那這一句該怎麼翻呢 ?)Did you see how thin wall there that they putting up between those rooms.

謝謝
satomath
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 45
註冊時間: 2005-10-17 18:19

文章molecular » 2006-01-21 22:51

M: yeah, I wish I had something just effective between me and my neighbor’s room. Sometimes he turns up the music so loud and I have the trouble getting to sleep. Anyway I guess I’m better off than the people who will be moving into the new dorms. Did you see how thin walls they’re putting up between those rooms?

請問I'm better off than為什麼這樣說呢?
為什麼不是I'm better than
有better off這種用法嗎?
還有, 好像沒有聽到than這個音耶!!

M: Well, I’m still stuck with this neighbor and I am not sure what to do.

I'm stuck with 這裡的stuck是做"忍受"解嗎?
有stick with 這個片語嗎?
為什麼不是I still suck with還要加be動詞am在I和stuck with 的中間呢

謝謝回答
頭像
molecular
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 291
註冊時間: 2005-10-16 00:27

文章HHC » 2006-01-22 21:08

molecular \$m[1]:請問I'm better off than為什麼這樣說呢?
為什麼不是I'm better than

I'm better than 是指你比別人好==>聽起來像是個自大狂
I'm better off than 是說你的情況比別人好
molecular \$m[1]:有better off這種用法嗎?

當然,查查字典吧!
molecular \$m[1]:還有, 好像沒有聽到than這個音耶!!

有的,說的很快,聽起來像是 "den" 的音。
molecular \$m[1]:M: Well, I’m still stuck with this neighbor and I am not sure what to do.

I'm stuck with 這裡的stuck是做"忍受"解嗎?
有stick with 這個片語嗎?
為什麼不是I still stuck with還要加be動詞am在I和stuck with 的中間呢 [/size][/b]

be stuck 是很通俗的用法,表示"被困住"的意思,而非 stick with 當作片語。be stuck 後面接 in + 地點、接 with + 人。
頭像
HHC
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 211
註冊時間: 2005-07-13 08:21

回到 TOEFL 討論區

誰在線上